𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒

This chapter contains some upsetting content, please don't continue if you think it may upset your health in any way.

                                                                  [/][\][/]

"You're nothing but a useless freak, I should've never given birth to scum like you!"

The hazy figure of the woman was hard to see, but for Nobara, it was as crystal clear as day. The woman's champagne sundress, her soft auburn locks flowing in the harsh winds and the abundance of light freckles dotted her face. Her dull buttercup eyes that once shined with love and excitement stared down at those below her with a passionate hatred. She couldn't have been more than twenty, but she harboured hate worthy of centuries of pain. She kicked off the harsh grip of tiny hands on her ankle and snarled in disgust.

"P-Please, Vee, don't d-do this-"

Vee scoffed and threw the man a glare, her lips curled up in a malicious sneer. "Don't think I'll sacrifice my happiness for you, Hugo. If you insist on keeping that monster than I'll have nothing to do with you for as long as I live! You have no right to call me by my name!"

The man cried helplessly, picking up and bringing the young Nobara closer to his chest, the warmth of his body and the scratches his beard left did nothing to stop the tears flowing from the young girl's eyes - nor did her presence calm her father's shattered heart. She once again reached out desperately towards her mother, only to get the cold shoulder. Hugo blinked back the flood of emotions welling up inside him and took a desperate step towards her.

"How can you say that?! She's your daughter, Vera! Your daughter!!"

Vera laughed. A cold, domineering grin adorned her delicate face. She picked up her worn suitcase and slipped on her straw hat.

"My daughter? What a joke. The devil killed my daughter the moment she was born."

                                                                  [/][\][/]

Our Protagonist gasped. She shot up from her bed, her cat-like eyes wide with terror and pain. The nightmare had been a recurring memory, something that she'd relived for the past seven years of her life, ever since the deputy principle Nezu had picked her famished body from the poverty-torn streets of Paris.

Not all countries had been as unaffected ( she presumed, anyway, she never really paid any attention during history class - such a bore ) as Japan during the Quirk Manifestation Era. Many countries, such as France, fell into devastating ruin. Argentina collapsed in on itself, Brazils population soared up to heights that caused such devastating issues that almost the whole population suffered from extreme malnutrition. Paris was just another ruin amongst those, it's once proud structures crumbled, and the citizens were no exception to this disaster. By the time of her birth, Paris had barely picked itself up from its shambles.

The young girl shook her head in retaliation to her memories, picking herself out of bed and shuffled towards her dorm wardrobe.

"Heeeeey, Nobara, what'ya doin'?"

The silver-ette turned her head slightly to look at her dorm-mate, the girls exhausted emerald optics glared in her direction with confusion.

"You're glaring at me again, Yozora."

"Sorry, it kinda happens when I'm not wearing my glasses."

Nobara giggled and patted her friend's candyfloss-spun ( literally ) hair. She took a piece and stuffed it in her mouth.