3. C o v e n a n t

ˈkʌv(ə)nənt/

ˈkʌv(ə)nənt/

"an agreement"
_____________________________________

It was a Friday night and I had successfully managed to keep the Locke's from throttling each others' throats. Until now. I had no idea what had possessed me to suggest that we get out and have a session at Arbory. One where Liam had taken Sofia for their first date.

I know because I follow People's latest gossip columns like a religion and I may have a certain manager at the said restaurant willing to give me information. After a disastrous first trial, the second one was much better. Both parties had agreed to the judge's order of reconsidering their divorce and had six months time to attend counselling sessions and give their final decision at the end of it.

I had six months to save their marriage.

I could feel my nerves acting up as I sipped my go-to drink and carefully looked at the estranged couple sitting in front of me. I had deliberately asked Milan, the manager for a seat as far away from the crowd as possible since I didn't want the attraction and I also wanted to judge these two in this zone where we were practically visiting a part of their life. 

"Are you keeping tabs on us?"

I glanced at Sofia with a poised expression and smiled.

"Why would you say that?" I asked innocently, giving nothing away. I couldn't have my clients knowing my dirty tricks.

"She doesn't mean it-"

"Talk for yourself," Sofia interrupted Liam and continued, "I know what you're trying to do. It's not going to work."

If looks could kill, I would've burned to the ground in ashes right now. Sofia was livid, I'm not exactly sure how I managed to piss her off, but boy was she out to get me. Now, I'd dealt with multiple pissed off clients but none of them were celebrities who had the power to destroy me. Yet, I knew how to get her, how to deal with her to get what I want. 

I folded my hands and laid them on top of the expensive mahogany wood in front of me.

"Sofia," I started with caution, "I understand you're frustrated by this entire... arrangement, but I'm just doing what I have to do. This is my job. I'm not your enemy and I certainly don't push my clients when I know that there is no...redemption. However, I'm yet to give up on you two, you don't have to necessarily agree with my terms of working but I'd really appreciate it if you could just comply once in a while."