In an Octopuses Garden, With You

Paul, George and John gathered around the bathtub, their faces horrified but nowhere near how horrified Ringo was. He sat on the tub looking at where his legs are, well, were, since they are now replaced from the waist down by orangish yellow purple spotted tentacles, eight of them to be exact. His hand was gripping the edge of the tub and up on the wall, shaking until you can hear his rings jingle together. He looked frozen but was seemingly edging away from the tentacle which were curling up and tense.

After what seemed like years of silence, George piped up, “Are they yours? Like, really yours?” He lifted his hand to touch one of the tentacles but Ringo moved them away, looking at George, scared. “So you can move them then. That’s good.” George said as he retracted his hand. Instead of the tentacles he tried to take Ringo’s hand to calm him but it stuck on the edge of the tub and wouldn’t budge. Ringo stared curiously and fearfully.

He tried to lift his hand off, but it wouldn’t move, same with one on the wall. He let out a scared whimper and looked pleadingly at George with teary eyes.

George furrowed his eyebrows then placed his hands on Ringo’s shoulder, staring straight into the bright blue eyes. “Listen. I know this might be impossible right now too calm down, so I just want you to look at me and just think about going to the movies with me, yeah? That really bad one where the actor keeps looking at the camera? An’ we’d point out the mistakes an’ inconsistencies an’ if we were to wrote them down, we’d get two whole pages?” This earned a slight chuckle from Ringo, whose tentacles visibly relaxed and hands started sliding into the tub.

“Y-Yeah, and we couldn’t stop laughing and people were staring at us because it was a funeral scene,” Ringo said slowly, smiling. George’s hands move to cup Ringo’s cheeks and wiped the tears about to fall from his eyes. Ringo closed his eyes and nuzzled into George’s hand, unconsciously bringing up a hand to touch George’s. Paul lifted his hand up to stop it but John held him back and shook his head slightly.

George found Ringo’s hand to be extremely cold and somewhat sucky but they were soft, like always, and George loved them. His hand was held by both of Ringo’s who was happily nuzzling his hand with closed eyes. He slid his hand down to Ringo’s shoulder and Ringo let go of George’s hand.“Alright, now get your tentacles out the tub slowly, Me an’ John have your back.” Right on cue, John slid next to George and held one of Ringo’s arms as Ringo slowly moved his tentacles out.

For about five minutes of Ringo sitting on the toilet seat, nothing happened and they started to lose hope until suddenly, the tentacles curled together with a tickly sensation and slowly morphed into a pair of legs, and hence, a very naked Ringo smiling brightly at his legs sat on the toilet. George didn’t seem to care and went to ask Ringo whether he feels alright and went to take some clothes for Ringo. Paul and John immediately wandered off into their room.