Home

Joyce smiled and laughed, and Hopper laughed in his loud, booming chuckle. They were watching a romantic comedy, curled up on the couch together. It was a Sunday night. Hopper had his arm around Joyce, she had her feet up and tucked into her. She was leaning her head on Hopper's chest, listening to his heartbeat, and feeling his chest vibrate when he laughed. Joyce was getting a little drowsy, and thankfully the movie was nearly over, since her eyelids were growing heavy. Hopper kissed the top of Joyce's head. He breathed in her scent, smiling. She always smelled wonderful, like flowers or fruit, and he loved that about her. Joyce smiled a little, her eyelids fluttering.

 "Good movie, huh?" Joyce said, looking up at Hopper. Hopper smiled down at her, and nodded. "Yeah, I'm still surprised you roped me into a romantic movie, but it wasn't that bad." Joyce smiled and laughed "I guess I'll have to make you watch another chick flick sometime, then, since it wasn't that bad." Hopper let out a fake groan, and rolled his eyes playfully.  "Joyceee." Joyce just laughed, and yawned. Hopper smiled. "Sleepy already?" Joyce smiled up at him, her chocolate brown eyes twinkling with joy. Hopper leaned down and gave her a tender, loving kiss. Joyce's lips melded with Hopper's, her silky soft full ones against his slightly chapped, but warm and gentle ones.

 Hopper pulled away. "Joyce. I... I love you. I know I've said it so many times, but I mean it. You're a wonderful woman. No matter how crazy you act sometimes, you're such a good mom. You've taken such good care of Will, and Jonathan. And now you're taking such good care of El." Hopper kissed Joyce's nose, smiling. Joyce smiled back, and raised an eyebrow at Hopper. "Crazy? Hop, you know full well that I was right about Will." Hopper just laughed. "I was kidding, Joyce. You were right about Will. You were right about everything. " Joyce smiled. "I love you too, Hop. And I love El. She feels like a daughter to me." Joyce yawned again. "At least the kids are already asleep. I'm too tired for anything but to stumble to bed." Hopper smiled and yawned himself. "Alright. Let's go to bed, then." He took his arm from around Joyce, and she put her feet on the floor, standing up and stretching. Hopper stood up and stretched a little himself, then suddenly, he swooped Joyce up bridal-style, and carried her to their bedroom. Joyce yelped and laughed, then giggled when remembering their kids were asleep. Hopper set Joyce gently down on the bed, and closed the door. "I'm gonna go pee. You can have the bathroom when I'm done, since I know you'll take years in there." Hopper smirked. Joyce rolled her eyes. "Says Pretty Boy who spends hours styling his hair in the morning." Hopper just chuckled, closing the bedroom door. Joyce got dressed into one of  Hopper's oversized t-shirts and pulled on some pajama pants, and sat on the bed. Hopper came back then. "I hope it's not too smelly in there for you." Joyce got up and swatted his arm, then stood on her tip-toes to kiss his cheek. "I won't be too long. Just get into bed." 

Joyce closed the bedroom door, and Hopper changed out of his clothes and grabbed one of his many t-shirts he left at Joyce's house and some shorts. He chuckled. Joyce took one of his shirts. Again. He thought it was kind of sweet. Besides, she looked so cute in his shirts. They were way too big for her, so she looked extra small in them. He was pretty sure she was wearing his red one. He had looked at her clothes for a second when he walked in, but he didn't study them for too long. Either way, he didn't mind it. Hopper changed into the t-shirt put the shorts on his side of the bed on the floor, and climbed into bed under the covers, sitting partially propped up on the pillow. Joyce, and even El sometimes, had panic attacks in the night, and he always tried to be ready to comfort either of them. Thankfully, Will's room was right across the hall, so Hopper could get to El quickly. Joyce came back into the room, smiling. "Hey Hop. Looking comfy already." Hopper smiled back at Joyce. She was in fact wearing his red t-shirt. "I see you've borrowed my shirt Joyce." Hop smirked. Joyce just laughed. "Yes. Do you want to steal my hairdryer?" Hopper rolled his eyes, the corners of his mouth bending up slightly. 

Joyce took off her PJ pants and got into bed next to Hopper, under the covers. Joyce grabbed a book from her side table, and Hopper put his arm around her, pulling her closer. They were pretty much laying down, Joyce was just partially propped up on the pillow to read. Joyce leaned into Hopper, opening her book. She was reading Little Women, since she didn't pay enough attention in High School to the reading. She was really enjoying it so far. Hopper noticed her cute little expressions while reading. Joyce sighed contentedly. Hopper smiled, and just enjoyed Joyce reading. He ran his fingers through her soft, silk-like hair. This continued for about fifteen minuets, before Joyce's eyes started to get heavy and began to close. Hopper carefully reached over and took the book, and put it on her side table, then turned off the lamp on her side of the bed. Joyce was sort of alert during all this, and she yawned and flipped onto her side. Hopper smiled, flipped onto his side, and pulled her closer to him, wrapping his arms around her. They both fell into a deep sleep until morning, safe and warm with each other. 

A/N: This was another longer chapter! The next chapter will be less fluffy, and have some substance. I did have fun writing this chapter, though.