u

[ seomin ]

it's been months since seungcheol and i started to go out. everyone was really happy for us. especially seungkwan.

"wake up." a joyful voice was heard. i furrowed my brows and shook my head "i don't want to, cheol." i whined.

the voice chuckled "i'm-" i quickly pulled him in a hug "just stay beside me, it's warm." he chuckled again.

i opened my eyes slowly to see seungkwan containing his laughter. i immediately pulled away "what are you doing here?" i asked surprised.

"you thought i was cheol, huh? gosh, am i that good looking?" he looked at the mirror beside him "because i thought you were him!" i rolled my eyes.

"where is he anyway?" his look landed on me "he's down stairs, cooking. and that's the reason why i-" i smacked his arm.

"i mean... i wanted to visit you." i gave him a smile and nodded. "i'll go downstairs in a while. i'll just brush my teeth."

-

going downstairs, i can smell delicious breakfast. "seomin is so lucky to have you, seungcheol. a man who's handsome, caring, basically, you're a husband material." seungkwan showered him with compliments.

i just chuckled. as i sat beside seungcheol. "don't worry, seungkwan." seungcheol said as he sat down.

"you'll find someone who'll fit your type." seungkwan smiled and scratched his head.

"i have to be honest with you guys since you are my friends." we both looked at him "what is it?" i asked.

"umm," he cleared his throat and sat upwards "i'm developing a...umm, crush??? on ryu jinkyung."

"what?" we both said at the same time. seungkwan smiled at us. "ryu jinkyung as in the head of the surgeon department?" seungcheol asked as seungkwan's smile was wide and nodded.

"well, i mean, she does look attractive." i looked at seungkwan and gave him a playful look.

"i didn't know you'd like kyung." i raised my brows playfully at him "are you close with her?" he asked nervously.

"of course i am-" "PLEASE DON'T TELL HER. I'M YOUR BEST FRIEND RIGHT? OH MY GOD, PARK SEOMIN-"

"i won't. don't worry. your secret is fine with us." seungcheol nodded as seungkwan sighed in relief.

-

we went to our old university. seungcheol sighed, "i missed this."

entering the school, there were freshmen and seniors. while passing by, we heard a boy and a girl in a corner, talking.

we didn't mean to eavesdrop but the conversation was interesting.

"i want you to become my girlfriend."
"what? what are you-"
"don't misinterpret." the boy chuckles.

"my mom is rushing me to have one and we're having a family dinner tomorrow. i need to bring someone."

"there's a lot of other girls, why me?"
"i don't know. maybe because you're special?" the boy chuckles.

"don't worry it's just for a month. no feelings involved, okay?"
"fine, i'll do it." the girl sighs.

i smiled and grabbed seungcheol's wrists. "you heard them, right?" seungcheol nods and sighs once again.

"i remember that time when i did that to you." seungcheol chuckles.

four year ago, i never knew i would meet my childhood friend, choi seungcheol. there were a lot of things that happened when we were in college.

i was afraid to get hurt, to fail, to be misunderstood and to be hatred.

but what i've learned through my whole life is that it's better to risk than to lose.

.