25

We followed the host to the dining area. As they walked, he conversed with Theo as I was in the back trying so hard to listening to what ever River was saying.

She was probably complaining about how I don't listen to her.

"Rose!" She stomped her foot by the door of the dining room.
The suddenness of it all brought me to an abrupt stop. I turned around and an obviously fuming River was standing behind me with her arms crossed.

"I um... Sorry River"

"You missed my entire story? Seriously?"

How much could she have said in the short walk from the kitchen.

"I'm sorry River I just got distracted"

"By Theo" she said rolling her eyes as she smiled.

"If I was thinking about him it was probably about what an idiot he is"

"Of course" she said mockingly.

"Can you just tell me what you wanted to say?"

" I think I love Lucas... "

What...

Did I hear her right?

"Rose...say something..."

"Oh my gosh river! Why are you telling me this now!"

"Well technically I told you five minutes ago-"

"Shut up don't ruin the moment!"

"Wow Rose" River laughed as she walked past me, brushing her shoulders past mine.

"Well talk. When did this happen? Have you told him?"

"I'll tell you later. We don't want to keep everyone waiting"

I gave her a look but I didn't argue.

My best friend is in love. There's only so much patience my heart can have when told such news.

This is huge.

River has always been very...bad in relationships to say the least.
She never does the right thing.

Not saying there's a wrong way to be in a relationship because it varies between people but if there was a wrong way, River was doing it.

I took my seat between Theo and an old lady, who I've come to know as the Host's mother, as River found a seat next to the hostess who was more than happy to talk fashion and design the whole night.

I debated on who the best person to talk to was and I settled with the lady. I'm sure she could give me a few wise words.

"Hello" I said as softly and as audibly as I could.

She turned to me, a sweet smile forming on her face as she said "Hello dear". I wish I met either of my grandparents but I can sadly say I never got a chance to.

" I'm Rose its nice to meet you. Your son has a lovely home"

"Oh you know me already?" She let out a soft laugh. "Well I'm happy the introduction is not needed. Are you a friend of my son's"

"I um...don't really know him" I laughed nervously

"Oh. What about Whitney?"

"I um..." I scratched the back of my head. " I don't know her either I'm sort of a plus one"

She gave me a confused look then finally let out a big " oh!"

"Yeah" I laughed, giving a weak smile.