Tom x Abandoned Child Reader (2)

(Part 2)

***

     You didn't know what was going on. All you knew was that you had fallen asleep in the arms of the one thing you loved and then woke up in something hard and cold. Being only a few months old, you desperately wanted the one thing that was supposed to be with you, the one who would feed you, keep you warm, keep you safe.

     You were hungry, cold, and scared. So, you did the only thing you really knew how to do, cry. Usually the one thing you loved came running to you when you wailed like this, but nobody came. Your wails tapered off into sniffles and whimpers, as your tiny body squirmed uncomfortably in the confined and hard surface that wasn't your cozy sleeping place.

     You wanted the one thing you loved to come back. The sound of a voice caught your attention but you continued to cry out as the voice did not sound like the one thing you loved. Suddenly, semi-warm hands lifted you from the uncomfortable place and you flailed wildly, cries still coming as the wind bit harshly at your small form being exposed to the elements.

     Then, the cold began to disappear as you were nestled against something soft and warm. The blanket you were wrapped in was tucked more tightly around you and then the chest you were placed against vibrated as the voice spoke.

     "Hey, shhh, it's okay sweet pea. Ole Tom here is going to get you somewhere nice and warm and then we'll get you fed. How's that sound?" You didn't understand the words the voice said, but they sounded nice and reassuring. You were now growing comfortable and warm and liked this new person who came to help you.

     Sure, you were still a little hungry and you whimpered due to it, but you liked this a whole lot more than the cold scary hard thing you woke up in. With a slight yawn, you snuggled further against the warm cozy person as they began to move. The constant movement became relaxing to you and you yawned once again until your eyelids grew heavy and you dropped back off into slumber.

---

     Tom felt slightly worried as you drifted off to sleep. He didn't have any experience with children, let alone babies, so he wasn't sure if this was a good thing after you had been left out in the snow for gods knows how long!

     But, the fact that you weren't fussing or whimpering anymore must've been a good sign, right? Just in case, Tom sped up until he was lightly jogging along the sidewalks, making sure to avoid the particularly icy patches scattered here and there.

     The small city scape slowly changed from tall glassy towers and bright christmas themed stores to snow covered houses and christmas lights galore. Tom felt unusually relieved to see the familiar landscape as he neared the place he called home.

     As he crunched up the driveway, he stopped as he heard the piercing screech of the smoke alarm going off along with Matt's girly screams, Edd's frantic shouts, and Tord's chaotic laughter.

     "Oh boy, just want I wanted to come back too." Tom spoke sarcastically, feeling annoyed already about what mess his friends (minus Tord) had made this time for him to clean up. He reached the door as the alarm was finally shut off but the shouting had only increased.

     Tom hesitated a moment, glancing down at you in his arms and wondered yet again if this was a good idea or not. Well, it wasn't technically to late to turn around and drop you off at the closest foster home, but then again, it was Christmas and Tom just didn't (h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶r̶t̶) feel like dropping you off anywhere anyways now that he was home.

     With a resigned sigh, he gently removed one arm out from beneath you to open the front door. As soon as he did, he placed the arm back underneath you and then kicked the door closed behind him. He struggled to kick off his snow caked boots but finally managed after a bit of hopping around and whispered curses.