ii.

"When things get tough, you get off your ass and get to work

"When things get tough, you get off your ass and get to work."

"WHERE'S YOUR ROOM?" Logan asked Valerie curiously as they walked down the long corridor. Valerie had somewhat forgiven him for being an asshole when they'd first met after a certain length of time. 

"With Scott, down the hall." She responded and Logan seemed surprised. 

"Is that your gift? Putting up with that guy?" Logan was joking of course but Valerie just rolled her eyes and dealt with it as if it were a real question.

"Actually, I'm an empath, I read emotions." She knew he knew this but she couldn't help but correct him anyway, having just about enough of the shit he was spewing. 

"Yeah, I kinda figured that out." He said. "What kinds of emotions?" Valerie furrowed her eyebrows. 

"All kinds of emotions." She answered. "I also have a bit of a telepathic ability. It comes with my ability to read emotions. Certain emotions that are very strong I can occasionally read and comprehend."

"Like your professor?" He asked but Valerie was quick to shake her head. 

"Nowhere near that powerful." Logan turned to her, making them stop in the middle of the hallway. 

"So, try and read my emotions." He said and Valerie felt if she had rolled her eyes one more time, they would get stuck in the back of her head. 

"I'd rather not." She said. 

"Come on. You afraid you might like 'em?" Valerie refused to encourage the man's obvious flirting. 

"I doubt it." She said.

"So, why put up with him?" He gestured down the hall. Valerie raised an eyebrow quizzically. 

"With who?"

"The cyclops guy." She already knew what this was about.

"He's not my boyfriend, Logan. He's just my friend." She said. Logan almost laughed out loud at how ludicrous that sounded. Two friends sharing a room? He doubted it greatly. 

"Then why're you sharing a room?" He asked. Valerie felt her face tinge red at what he was implying. She would never sleep with Scott. She saw him as a brother. 

"That's really none of your business." She still wouldn't let up though. It wasn't exactly Logan's place to know who she shared a room with and why. 

"So, a friends with benefits kind of thing?" Valerie had just about smacked him before she remembered Charles telling her about how she needed to learn how to control her temper. 

"No." She turned to him aggressively. "It's because he's the only one strong enough to hold me down when I get nightmares. In case you haven't noticed, the Professor is in a wheelchair and neither Storm or Jean are strong enough." Logan was shocked, to say the least. And just as he was about to apologize for the second time that day, the douchebag he currently hated rounded the corner. And it seemed like Valerie had noticed his presence as well.