Carmel-Mocha Latte

Small Description:
Izuku Midoriya, a 21-year-old worker at a Starbucks, figures out he owns a soulmate just by his sleepiness and clumsiness during a sleepless 7 AM shift.

Main Characters:
Bakugou Lidia, Midoriya Izuku & Todoroki Shoto

AU, if any:
Soulmate AU
Inspired By:  @Calypse
Words: 1,116
***

Awakening with a yawn, the emerald eyed male stretched the moment he rolled out of bed. Even if he hadn't slept for as much as 30 minutes, Izuku still had a job to attend bright and early. Dealing with society wasn't his thing due to everyone but him having a soulmate in this universe of love. Love was something craved, wanted, needed, used and torn at some point. Midoriya craved to know what it felt like; how it felt when you write a message on your skin and to have someone write back to you. He's drawn so many smiley-faces that his left arm has the imprint of it like a cookie-mold. He's written so many good morning messages that he remembers every single one and can rehearse them aloud in front of billions of people as if it were poetry. Stepping outside in uniform, still combing his fingers through untangled locks, he walked his way to work. He had a gig at a Starbucks, which wasn't far at all. Which is exactly why he walked. On the way, he glanced at his right arm, rolling up she sleeve and rubbing the slightly pale skin and allowing it to become colder. The autumn air was breezy and shiver-type this morning, so he wore a jacket to shield himself from the world's moist breath.

When he walked into the café, the air was warm and welcoming as always. Checking himself in and glancing at the already flipped sign, he sighed.

"Had a rough morning, Sunshine?"

Her sweet, sympathetic tone stunned him in a way once he faced his slightly-older, coworker and high school friend. "Lidi-Chan..! You're here early. I thought you were out of state?" Midoriya reverted his attention to the ash blonde female in which wiped down cash registers. "Yeah. I was. I came back early so I could make more money to support myself, seeing that I still don't have a soulmate. I'm starting to think I won't get one, no matter how hard I try." Lidia chucked sorrowfully. "I still have that greeting on my left shoulder, for fucks sake!" She giggled nervously. "D-Don't worry, Baku-Chan! You'll find a way to fall in love sooner or later. Don't loose hope like I have..." Izuku patted the girl on her shoulder, smiling a smile of sympathy. "Well, I'm loosing hope if your hope doesn't come back, Mido-Chan." Just as the silence settled in between the two, multiple customers flooded into the small shop and proceeded with asking for orders. This morning is going to be long...He thought to himself, acting as sweet and genuinely happy as usual. It's how everyone is these days.

Once the rush had died down and one person was awaiting their order from Lidia, a choked heartbeat occurred when a male walked into the building. Even if Izuku had seen him before during his days in U.A, he could never muster up the courage to speak to him; even after the Sports Festival. The way his red-and-white hair synced with the wind's movement was graceful, and his eyes remained the same beautiful colors they were before; left being a breathtaking nighttime grey and the right being a captivating, bright ocean blue. His facial expression remained straight and emotionless. Pretty soon another person walked in and stood in front of Lidia's register as well. "Welcome to Starbucks!~ My name is Lidia Bakugou and I shall be serving you until further notice. May I take your order, Ma'am?"

It should be as easy as the wind.

"W-Welcome to Starbucks. My name is Izuku Midoriya and I'll be s-serving you until further n-notice. May I take your order, S-Sir?" He stuttered through the sentence as Lidia giggled, walking behind the emerald eyed male with a wink of an eye. "Ah, yes..would you mind making a mixture of two lattes you have?" Midoriya shook his head. "N-Not at all! Ask away."

"Alright, Thank you. Can you possibly mix your Carmel Latte and the Mocha Latte as well? Make that light-ice if you please."

Izuku took note of his order, struggling to keep himself awake. "A-And..what's your name, if you do t mind me asking..?" "Ah, Todoroki Shoto."

The freckled male nodded, and with the slip of a pen, he'd written the mixture of the latte on the back his own hand on complete accident. Seeing said slip, he rewrote the mix on the cup, only to see Shoto blush lightly. "M-Midoriya...?" He spoke in a questioning tone. Facing the half-half male, he tilted his head. Once Shoto pointed to the exact same words resting upon his own hand, it left a slightly awkward, but comforting silence between customer and server. "E-Eh...? Oh...uhm- This is.......on the house." Izuku stuttered out, turning and going off to create his new soulmate's order.

Lidia had been done by now, leaning on the counter and dreamily watching her best friend rush around, prepping himself for what's to come. When he crossed paths with her, she nudged him light enough to catch his attention. "I told you that by the time I came back, you'll be meeting the love of your life." She cooed, making Midoriya more flustered than he already was. When he handed Shoto his order, their hands brushed against each other. "When's the next time you're free..?"

"Uhm...around noon." The shy male replied, twiddling with his thumbs and taking glances at his slightly explosive friend from beside him. "Guess I'll see you then. I'll meet you back here, Midoriya-Kun."

And with those words, Todoroki walked straight back out Izuku's life. Making it a train wreck of emotions as he did so.

**

Hi hi hi!! Hope you enjoyed this slightly long one shot of mine!~  This was inspired by a story, that being a KiriBaku Dump created by, as stated before the chapter really began, @Calypse ! They're a very good writer, so imma straight up LINK that story right smack here!! GO READ IT. "YOUTUBE CRUSH" IS ONE OF MY FAVORITES, but "Token Idiot" and "Just Like You" gave me the most laughs when I was feeling down. Again, I hope you a decent time reading the shit I write! 🥰 Suggestions are always welcome 🥰
link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/137057812

With ❤️ and Prayers,
Creator~San