Friend - Adrienette

"Come on, y-you have to believe me!" Marinette said desperately.

She was surrounded by her classmates, all of them angry with Marinette.

"Just give it up Marinette, no one believes your lies."

Marinette looked over to Lila, fake crying in Alya's arms. She gave Lila a dirty look, then looked back at Alya.

"I'm your best friend Alya, you have to trust me!"

They locked eyes. Alya looked conflicted, but also disappointed.

"I don't know Marinette. You hate and accuse Lila of terrible things with no proof. You're hardly ever available for me or any of your friends anymore. You have to understand that Lila has been there for me when it should've been you who was there for me."

Marinette felt tears form in her eyes. If only she could tell her why she's never available and how badly she wishes she could take a break from defending Paris. The responsibility was all too much for a teenage girl.

"Alya, I'm so sorry. But she's manipulating you," Marinette said choking up. "She's manipulating all of you!"

The classroom gasped. Marinette felt all the dirty looks she was getting from her classmates but she stood her ground.

"Marinette, stop. Please." Alya said in a low voice.

Marinette looked at all her classmates surrounding her. Some looked angry, some looked disappointed. She realized that Lila had done what she swore to do. She turned all her friends against her, she was all alone. Everyone viewed her as the villian. Marinette knew the truth but it didn't matter, she couldn't do anything.

"Fine. You win Lila." She stormed out of the classroom crying, and sat on the steps outside.

Her head was in her knees and she didn't know what to do. She thought about her life, and how much everyone expects of her. In a moment of anger, she took off her earrings and held them in the palm of her hand. She stared at them, thinking of how something so small had changed her life so drastically. How Hawkmoth had ruined the lives of so many people and how it was up to her to stop him. She cried even harder.

She had never felt so alone until now, she thought about how she still had Chat Noir, Kagami and Luka. But how long would it be until Lila manipulates them too? Then, she heard the school doors open.

"Hey."

She was shocked and embarrassed. She immediately wiped her tears but her face was still red and blotchy.

"Hi." She said in a strained voice.

Adrien sat by her on the steps and sighed, "You okay?"

She nodded, "Yeah. It's just a lot to take in I guess."

"I know you're right. I mean, I don't have much proof but she really hurt Kagami."

She winced. There was another person Lila hurt, that Marinette cared about. She stayed silent and silently sobbed.

"Oh yeah, you two are pretty close now huh?"

She nodded, "Yeah, Kagami's pretty cool."

They both sat there in silence fidgeting with their fingers. Marinette was still attempting to stop crying and Adrien desperately wanted to break the silence.

"So um... the class is already making new seating arrangements... I'm sitting by you now." He gave a reassuring smile.

Marinette laughed softly, "I thought you would hate me after that."

Adrien gasped, "No! I-I could never hate you."

She smiled, "That's a relief."

"Really? I would think you'd want someone else on your side."

She frowned, "You know you're like my favorite person in that classroom right? I know I don't do a good job at showing it but... you are." Marinette couldn't believe she said that out loud without stuttering.

Adrien got deeply red. "Wow... I uh, didn't know that."

They both chuckled softly then sat in silence for a few minutes.

"So, are you sure you're okay?"

Marinette nodded, "I am now."

Adrien blushed and grinned widely, "I have fencing practice... I'd hangout with you all day if I could."

She looked at him wide eyed, "R-really?"

He nodded, "You're cool, Marinette."

"You're cool too, Adrien."

He softly chuckled then stepped off the staircase. Marinette watched him drive off, smiling. She opened her palm again and studied the tiny earrings. She couldn't help but smile. She remembered what encouraged her to save Paris everyday. The person who made her want to be a better person everyday.

"I'm sorry, Tikki." She said under her breath.

She hesitantly put the earrings back on and walked home.

Sorry for the short chapter. I just wanted to practice writing emotions with this one but I hope you enjoyed regardless.