Royal guards against Rotting heretics

Death Guard (me)

Vs Adeptus Custodes 

Vs Adeptus Custodes 

-Lord of Contagion

While we have summoned ourselves on a imperial planet, a rare sight has given us such delight. Custodes...Bodyguards of their false emperor, powerful enough to perhaps even match our primach, Mortarion. What concerns me is the reason for their presence here, remaining idly by before our descending. We have our god's pulsating blessings and there are only a few present near a ruined cathedral so we have a chance. Descending with a newly acquired daemon prince at our side and poxwalkers willing to die in search of flesh meat. Seeing us motivated, the custodes to take cover as they prepare their weapons. Sending my poxwalkers to distract them while the daemon prince investigates the cathedral nearby. As the custodes slay the dead with unparalleled ease, my plague marines opened fire upon them and yet only scratched their perfect gold armor. They barely noticed the gunfire as the last poxwalkers lay on the ground. realizing their mistakes, the custodes rushes towards the daemon prince and begin their battle. Despite the situation, he seems as pleased as his expanding smile. Revealing the once heavily guarded relic, the prince retreated to my position to confirm its importance. Seeing both the relic's potential in spreading our grandfather's gift and the custodes mowing down my remaining army like common cultists in their attempts to return it, we've returned to the warp with satisfied smiles.