poison ivy

Ivy Week. It's more than getting into a college. It's setting a course for the rest of your life. This week is very important. It's this week that can either make my future, or break. Blair and I have always planned to go to Yale, the the when we first wore daddy's Yale t-shirt. And luckily, Yale accepts only two students from Constance.

••••••••••

Blair and I were at the assembly. After the freshmen girls finished their Chorus, Mrs Tedrow, one of the two teachers, started their speech.

"Good morning students. I ask all of you to show a little sympathy for our junior class. They are almost through with Ivy Week."

"As is our long-standing tradition, the Constance Billard girls will be incharge of Friday night's mixer, and the St. Jude's boys will provide the ushers for the visiting representatives." The second teacher said.

"For all those of you who dreams of attending an Ivy League School, this mixer is the most important event of your life." Mrs. Tedrow continues.

"But no pressure" they said.

Blair and I look at each other and smile, giving each other assurance and comfort.

"You are not only representing yourselves this week, but generations of your family. As part of Ivy Week's festivities at tomorrow night's mixer, Blair and Rachel Waldorf will announce the charity, their community outreach committee will honour this year."

"Have you seen Serena?" Wannabe #1 asked.

"I wonder where she is." Wannabe #2 followed. I rolled my eyes.

"You know what I wonder? How are R and I supposed to hear anything about Yale with this talk about Serena" and Blair snapped.

••••••••••

We walked out of assembly to see Serena chatting with Dan.

"Oh too bad you missed the assembly. Not that it matters. Brown doesn't offers degree in slut." Blair smirks and I walk away, towards Dan.

"Dan, hey, wait up!" I call out. Dan stops and turn around.

"Hey Rachel, did you need something?" He asked.

"No, I just wanted to talk." I shrugged. He looked shocked. "What"?

"Um nothing" he shakes his head, "it's just you have never talked with me before. What changed now?"

"Before I didn't knew about your existence." I simply said.

He laughs. "Wow you are blunt. I should be offended, but it's true." We both laugh and start walking. "So what did you want to talk about?"

"Well um what school are you planning to usher at Friday mixer?"

"Dartmouth" I gave him an impressed look.

"Wow, that's great. Best of luck Danny boy, but you probably won't need it, seeing the other person who is choosing Dartmouth is Archibald" I roll my eyes.

"Why do you have him so much?" He asked causing me to give him a look. "Yeah right, sorry. But your sister seems to forgive him."