Chapter 2 Dinner

Undertaker stomach roars well I think my gut is trying to telling me it is past dinner time he chuckles. Would you like to come to dinner undertaker? Thais Very sweet of you lady Phantomhive but. She cut him off I don't see you much anymore. Only during funerals. Francis looks at her childhood home with nostalgia He frowns of course I loved to come little warrior. She was to pride to cry. But he tell she wanted to not by her body language. But he could sense it in her soul.

The man stomach growls again as they head to midford manner. Would you like a lift lady phantomhive. I'm afraid my tummy is a bit impatient. No I can walk there on my own just fine. He swiftly pick her up hold tight my dear. Hey I said no francis was cut off by the force of him leaping up into the air.

Francis is force to wrap her arms around his neck and buried her face into his chest, to keep the speed of motion from making her to dizzy. We have arrive my lady. Thank you traveling with grim reaper express he says imitating a train conductor. Frances annoy and exhaust expression change to brief smile.

Welcome back Marchioness and you brought a guess. We'll the Lords are still waiting for you in the dining hall. The young lady has retire for the night. Undertaker this is my husband Marquess Alexis Midford she introduces. Undertaker you're the one who had to buried my poor nephew. Yes I was his last party planner he chuckles. Edward's face looks enraged by the statement. This is not the

time for laughing and jokes sir. He is just trying to lighten up the mood is all. apologies my lord. That is right a the best way I know how. Laughter is the great medicine for mourning dear boy. I a sure you I had none thing but respect and loyalty for earl phantomhive. 

Now I know it's a little late to night but about dinner. I will go tell the cook to warm up dinner Edward said. So I was curious marques how did you to meet? We meet at a fencing tournament. It funny back then I hate that day. Because francis brutally beaten me. An it was first time I had lost a official match.

Honestly it's pretty funny we ended up together. You hated me so much at the start Francis said. Of course you were my rival after all Alexis snickers. Well like they say it is such very fine line between love and hate undertaker chuckles. What I thought was pretty hilarious was the time you found out that I was a lady. Wait what? How did you not know ? How long did you not know? At first he was just trying to be polite but now he is genuinely curious.

I only ever saw her in fencing uniform. Which covers one's body complete. And she was smaller than the rest of us. But I mean Francis was 7 years younger than everyone else. So we didn't think much of it. Oh I bet it help having a gender neutral name. Is that right Francis he chuckles. I remember your mother sure wish she did when she started fencing.

Alexis raises an eyebrow at undertaker's comment. But before he could speak up his' son beat him to it. I don't mean to be rude sir. But how do you even know my mother? You have to admit. He doesn't seem like anyone of your other friends mother. How did you two meet a funeral like today? Alexis guessed.

Undertaker paused honestly he has known Francis. Since she was born he chuckles at the memory of her birthday. It seems only yesterday to someone like him. But that would raise more questions wouldn't it. Oh well if they ever want to get some real answers Francis knows my price for that. Perhaps a half truth would be best. Well you see in my younger years. I work as an informant for countess Claudia. We met at one of the gathering for her noble men of evil.

Alexis pictured a child even younger than his late nephew surrounded by many dangerous up class adults he shudders at the thought. Dinner is served everyone the head butler says. The delicious aroma of steaks potatoes and fresh bread was making Undertaker want to start drooling.

Go on your our guest dig in Alexis said. You look ravenous. Frances notice his mading grin appear on his face. As the green and gold glow of his eye was shimmering through his silver bangs. Yes its late let dig in she agreed.