Prince Charming - Part 3

The stinging smell of smoke filled her senses as she hazily opened her eyelids, gazing around the room. She found herself being jostled around by a set of firm hands as she rubbed her eyes. Glancing up, she found the panicked face of the ginger-haired Katsumi, yelling something she couldn't quite process yet. The room was slowly becoming cloudy as she caught an orange glow reflecting off her wife's face.

"MADIHA...BABY...WE HAVE TO GET OUT OF HERE!"

"Huh?" She sat up, focused fully on her wife. She spotted a dazed Michael right behind, leaning against Katsumi as she kept Minh right by her side.

"The buildings on fire, I couldn't carry all of you again so we HAVE to run!" Katsumi held out her free hand, helping Madiha up swiftly. They began to hurry out as Madiha peered around, noticing a peculiar emptiness as she caught the glow of the blazing fire close behind.

"Katsumi, the boys! Have they escaped already?" Madiha called out, grasping her wife's arm.

"No, no! It's why we need to hurry-!" she grunted as she shoved the exit door open, seeing the group of panicked patrons, meticulous firemen, and cops surrounding the building. Katsumi glanced up, finding the main source of the flames engulfing 2 of the floors above theirs as she withheld a gasp. "I-I NEED TO GET THEM OUT!"

Katsumi hurriedly plopped Michael onto Madiha, the two trying to keep balance after the sudden shift in weight. They leaned against each other, worriedly eyeing the building.

"Honey...!" Madiha wrapped her arm around Michael, keeping him up as she tried to catch the attention of the panicked woman.

"Madiha, I don't have the time to talk!" Katsumi motioned Minh towards them, patting her head solemnly as she rushed back in, unbeknownst to the calls of onlookers.

"KATSUMI...! PLEASE, STAY SAFE!" She cried out as pulled Minh in, keeping her close as she slowly shuffled back, as not to risk the spreading fire.

"HIROSHI...! BILLY!" She yelled, running towards the staircase which had very little space that wasn't unscathed. Several people were scattering down, panicked as they escaped from the smoke. She began to stumble upwards until she was halted by a pallor hand.

"Hold it there, little lady!" She gazed up to the source of the deep yet playful voice, finding a pair of eyes through the smoke. It was clear he had his face covered as well as donning a hat. "What in the world are you doing up here?! Exits thataway!" He pointed forward, brows furrowed.

"You need to move, I have to help my nephew and his friend-"

"Nephew, huh? What's he look like?" He smirked to himself, a knowing impression in his eyes

"He- I don't have time for this!" She shoved into his chest with a moderate force, as not to push him to the flames.

"We don't want anyone else goin' up there, miss! Tell me, maybe I seen'im." He insisted, holding her back by the shoulder. "Helped a lotta folks outta here, y'know?"

"Fine! He's short, he's got these long curls, he always has this red makeup on his eyes and lips and this jacket-"

"Oh, that's that Lady Stardust fella ain't it?" He pulled her back, holding his other hand up in assurance. "Yeah, I seen 'im, and his lanky little friend! I helped them book it out of here, everyone on these floors are out. We're just helpin' out folks on the higher floors now, so you should get to savin' yourself.

"Really?" She squints at him quizzically, but willing to believe.

"Yeah! I think they mentioned something about heading out further, they didn't wanna stand in the rain or stick around too long or somethin'" He escorted her down, beginning to shoo her away. "Now get on, girlie! I don't want any casualties here!" He winked to her as she eyed him, expression softening up.