Chapter 14

I don't know why I don't know how and I don't know how long I had to sit through this date that I was on. My sister had pushed me to just talk to some of the guys on Tinder and go on a date, just for fun and new experiences. I did what she asked, I give it a try and now I wanted to go home.  I was on a date with a guy named Logan and it wasn't the worst because it was awkward or anything. And well, if I felt awkward I was pretty sure this guy wouldn't even notice it as he kept on talking and talking about himself. He didn't even give me the chance to talk. Sure, maybe when I introduced myself, but that was it. I was pretty sure I could count the words he allowed me to let out my mouth on one hand. I thought a nice dinner date couldn't go too bad, because if it really was going that bad I could always concentrate on my food. But even when we ordered or drinks or even the food he was the one talking, ordering not only for himself but also for me. Sure, I guess that was fine if you knew what I liked. And there were many options I liked. But no, he ordered for me a salad with grilled squid and clams? What was this for a kind of combination? I had fried squid in a Greek restaurant, which was great. However, this salad was not my cup of tea. I was trying to keep a straight face while I ate some of this so-called 'salad' while pretending to listen to the guy in front of me. At least he ordered me some wine. That was something positive? I felt my phone buzz a few times and I excused myself and pretended I needed to go to the bathroom. I let out a big sigh when I looked at myself in the empty bathroom. I looked at my phone and saw Daniel texting me. He had texted me a picture of himself sitting on the couch in the living room with Vicky and Flynn hanging on his lap while they posed for the picture and in the background, you could see James with Hazel on his lap making Hazel wave at the camera. He then sent me another text message.

From Daniel:
Is your evening just as wild and fun as ours while we are watching Winnie the Pooh? 😉

To Daniel:
I feel betrayed that you guys watch Winnie the Pooh without me.
And no, my night is horrible. Can you pick me up? 

I could at least try and hope that Daniel would actually consider picking me up. I could easily climb out of the window here in the bathroom and just never see this Tinder guy ever again. I would let the dress that I was wearing right now get dirty or rip if that means I could go home right now.

From Daniel:
The boss told me not to. Sorry! But it can't be that bad, right?

To Daniel:
😐
It is.

From Daniel:
Okay, have fun! Byeee.

I saw Daniel go offline, making me almost sad that he did that. I had to put a lot of effort into forcing myself to go back to the table. And when I did I saw my Tinder date eat from my plate because his plate was empty. Great. One thing was for sure, we were not having any dessert and we most definitely were not going for a walk or go for something to drink like he suggested when he told me the plan for tonight. No. I was ready to pretend I was feeling sick to just get this over with. 

---

I have never been this relieved when we drove James's street in. Logan stopped in front of the house and already clicked off his seatbelt.
"Oh, there's no need for you to get out," I said to him politely. He raised his eyebrows, making me speak up again before he could. "I mean, I have this older brother who is very athletic and he's probably waiting and watching from the window and yeah. He's not so keen on me dating." While I kept lying to this man I slowly got my seatbelt off and opened the door for myself. I jumped out of the car and turned my body around towards the man I just had the most horrible date with. "So I guess I go now. Can't let my brother get too suspicious." I smiled sweetly at the man before I closed the door and made my way fastly to the front door. Without looking back I opened the front door and closed it again when I got inside. I had pushed my own body against the door as I closed my eyes and sight loudly. Glad that was over.
"HOW FUN-" A shock went through my body as Daniel's loud voice scared me. I opened my eyes and looked at him smirking at me. "-was that date of yours on a scale from zero to ending up in his bed?" I gave him a death stare.
"You should've picked me up when I asked you to," I told Daniel with my arms over each other. "And to answer your question. I would rather have sex with an old guy than with this guy. He probably keeps talking about himself even when he cums." I told Daniel while I walked towards the kitchen. I hadn't eaten much on this dinner date and I was hungry. I heard Daniel laugh at me behind me as he followed me towards the kitchen.
"That bad hmm? Now I do wish I would've driven to the restaurant, but not to pick you up, but to sit at a table next to yours and see you suffer." Daniel grinned as I made my way towards the fridge. I could hear my stomach rumble.
"Good to know you like to see me suffer," I said as I showed him one of my sarcastic smiles.
"Well, only if you go on bad dates yeah." He smiled, pleased with himself. "What are you doing by the way?"
"Looking for food, I'm starving," I mumbled, not even looking back at him.
"Didn't you just got back from a dinner date?" I looked back at Daniel and raised my eyebrows.
"Trust me, it was way worse than you think. He ordered not only for himself but also for..." I stopped talking as my body started to make some weird noises. "But also..." I tried again, except this time I felt something coming up to my throat. My eyes got big and I ran to the downstairs toilet as fast as I could, leaving a confused Daniel behind in the kitchen. Out of nowhere the little bit of food that I had for dinner came out of my mouth and into the toilet. I had no control over it as my body forced the food out of my body. Like it was some kind of poison.
"Are you alright?" I heard Daniel ask me concerned as I was still hanging with my head on the toilet.
"Who forces another person to eat seafood without asking them first," I mumbled in a sad voice. "I don't even like seafood that much."
"I can see why." I hear Daniel laugh, making me give him my middle finger as a response.  "Are you still hungry?"
"I don't know," I sighed as my body was too busy 
"Okay. Let's get you up so that you can take a shower and brush your teeth while I cook my specialty for you." Daniel said, forcing me to get up as he softly pulled me up with his arms. I honestly didn't dare to leave the toilet, because my guts said it wasn't over just yet. "Are you making pancakes?"
"I'm not telling. It's a surprise."
"Please no pancakes," I wiped with my arm the imaginary puke off my mouth and flushed the toilet with a disgusted face. "Go take that shower. It would do you good," Daniel said. He patted my shoulder before leaving me alone at the toilet. 

After I showered and put on my comfy pajamas I walked downstairs to smell pancakes. The shower definitely had worked more than I thought. 
"So I was right," I sighed at Daniel who was still cooking. He looked up and grinned.  "They are pancakes,"
"They're more than pancakes Saffie," Daniel said as he put another pancake out of the pan.
"Stop calling me Saffie," I mumbled as I climbed on the high chair and let my head fall on the kitchen island. 
"They're American pancakes and you will be obsessed with them," Daniel moved a plate with pancakes towards me. I looked up at him before my eyes went back to the pancakes. They smelled delicious, but I wasn't sure if my stomach was going to keep them in. "Try them. You're not going to get poisoned."
"Don't yell at me," I told him, even though he wasn't really yelling at me. I pushed my head up from the counter.
"I wasn't yelling," he said back.
"It sounded like you did," I mumbled. I slowly ripped off a little bit of the pancake and put it slowly in my mouth. I chewed on it while Daniel watched me with a smile. 
"What do you think? Do you like them? Am I a great cook?" Daniel's eyebrows raised up while he was waiting for my answer. I shrugged.
"They're pancakes yes," I told him as I watched for his reaction. He definitely expected more of a compliment. "They're good Daniel. But I'm not sure what my stomach is gonna think of them,"
"You know what?" Daniel said with an approving smile. "That's good enough for me. I take that  as a compliment."
"It was a compliment," I responded back as I kept eating small bites of the pancake, scared with every bite that the food would come back out of my mouth. I want to forget this night as fast as possible...