Unexpected Encounter

"Happy second week of school!" Sophie cheered with false enthusiasm. Biana rolled her eyes. 

"Your sweetness is suffocating. When I told you to be more positive, I didn't mean you should act crazy. No one's happy the second week." 

"I am." Sophie insisted, but she toned down her smile a few watts. Biana fell in step with Sophie. 

"So we're still on for the sleepover, right? Because I have a bunch of candy and popcorn at my house that I'd have to eat myself if you didn't show." 

"What about Fitz?" 

"He's cutting down on sugar." 

"No!" 

"Oh yeah." Biana's teal eyes sparkled. "It's great. I get practically all of the candy now. Not to mention the ice cream." 

"Why?" Sophie never imagined Fitz as one of those people. 

"He wants to make sure he stays a starter for football. You know, college football is such a big deal." Sarcasm dripped heavily from Biana's voice. 

"More candy for us I guess." 

"So you're coming?" 

"I wouldn't dream of missing a sleepover with an excessive amount of popcorn and candy." 

Biana grinned. "Good. Let's go to the car." They walked through the parking lot until they came to a candy apple red car. Biana clicked the car unlocked. 

"Let me just get a few things out of the way." Biana said, throwing at least three days' worth of clothes out of the passenger seat. She held up a sparkly stiletto, shrugged, and tossed it back with the rest of the stuff. 

Biana gestured grandly to the empty seat, and Sophie hopped in. 

                                                                                              *  *  * 

After watching the Princess Bride with an excessive amount of candy and popcorn, Biana thought it was time to spill the tea. Both literally and metaphorically. 

"I've heard tea has soothing properties, but I beg to differ." Biana muttered. She scooped up a few stray tea packets and put them back in the pantry.

"I think it's assumed that you won't burn yourself pouring the tea," Sophie called.

"True." Biana stirred a spoonful of sugar into her cup. "I'm more of a coffee person myself." 

"So...you said we were having tea for a reason?" 

"Oh yes! We're having tea because we're also going to be spilling tea." Biana said excitedly. 

"Not literally though right? Because if so, you've already spilled enough tea for both of us." 

Biana shook her head. "No, we're going to spill the best kind of tea." 

"Okay. So you go first?" Sophie's strategy was simple: make Biana go first and hope she forgot to ask her. Biana jumped in eagerly. 

"Okay! Wait, you have to promise not to tell anyone!" 

Sophie nodded her head. "I thought that went unsaid." 

"Just making sure. Okay... so I think Dex and I are going to become official soon." Biana squeezed her eyes shut and let out a little scream. 

Perfect. Now Biana would forget to ask about her tea. 

"I don't wanna say anything more though." 

Sophie's hopes were squashed. 

"Alright, how's it going with Keefe and school and everything in between?"