Chapter Twenty Two

"What are you trying to say, Apollo?" Grumbled Zeus, rubbing the bridge of his nose,

"I'm trying to say what is leaving my mouth, father." He says, annoyed. "Either we kill both of the demigods or we let them fall in love. What's so wrong with that?"

"And why, do we have to kill them both?" Asks Hermès, clearly on my side. "Why with the killing in general? Honestly, I don't think that's necessary. They obviously like each other, so, what's so wrong with that?"

Nico and I continue to stand in the middle of the semi circle of gods/goddesses and wring each other's hands nervously. Apollo sighs. "Look, guys, I'm a huge fan of the falling in love and the rest of the world survives type of thing, but this might come at a higher cost than necessary. See, she," he points to Aletha, "is a daughter of Poseidon and legacy of Aphrodite, not to mention a Gemini which means she's a low key psychopath anyways before adding love to the mix." Hermès takes offense before realizing that Gemini's are indeed psychopaths. "And as I read each of her stars' paths, it makes sense that she's part of something big or she's nothing.

"Now he," continues Apollo. "Is obviously meant to be something big. He's been in wars already, and as unfortunate as it is, it's either this or he's thrown back into the field and could possibly die. It's written in Aquarius."

Aphrodite squeals in excitement, "Gemini and Aquarius are also the perfect match for just about anything!" I blush a bit despite the situation.

"How big is the chance of them or their generation being the cause of my throne being passed on?" Growls Zeus. "And what is the big event?!"

"See... I don't know. The stars are kind of blurry and no ones made my eclipse glasses so I won't be able to read them for another month and a half. But according to the oracle, Olympus will remain in power if they fall in love."

"Okay, sounds good to me, goodby-!"

"Wait!" Surprisingly, it's Dad that speaks. "I want to test their love. I don't want you ending up with a guy that will break your heart... or because of an Oracle." He says to me.

"Well, what's the test?" I ask.

"I will hold you on an uninhabited island. I want you happy, and free. You'll forget all about him when you're there. He will forget you for a while too, and then while he's on a quest, he has to 'save you.' Only then can he be with you."

Hades speaks up, too. "And in that case, I will also have you save Nico." The court gasps. "What, it's the twenty first century. Peach needs to save Mario, and Princes need to start being in towers."

Aphrodite chuckles. "And both times, your missions can only be a success if you guys share true love's kiss! Hey! Don't be like that." She pouts when Poseidon glowers at her. "It's a classic!"

Nico and I look to each other, nervous. "That seems like a bit too mu-!" He starts but is cut off by Zeus.

"It's settled then. Memory wipe, if you would?" He says, summoning a deity to do so before we can even accept. "Good luck, love birds, I'm counting on you."