1:Koda

I was ten when a group of lone wolves attacked my pack. There was a filthy traitor among us and he killed our alpha. It rattled us all and things took a turn for the worst. Lost in their grief our war wolves dwindled slowly. I was hiding in the basement with the prisoners hoping their scents would cover mine but it was futile. The lone wolves soon found me, the last member of the Dawn Fae pack. A young and small omega, forced to be their slave.

The things they did were horrible. Shock therapy, whippings, breath deprivation, white torture, and many other things. They always made sure to dose me with purple wolfsbane making my wolf and I weak and uncoordinated. We were an easier target with our blurry sight and the lopsided walking didn't help either, so the lone wolves took advantage of our drugged state. I endured all those years, me and my wolf, until we couldn't anymore.

We had endured so long that the wolfs bane effects started to become ineffective, so they upped the dosage and applied it more frequently. It proved to be to much for my body to contain. I had began to cough some of it up, some of it pouring out of my body. My ears. My mouth. My nose. My eyes. I thought I was dying. I didn't want that. I didn't want to die. I wanted to get out. I wanted to run free. I had to get out.

Panicking I banged against the bars of my cell yelling for help. All three of the lone wolves came in to see what was going on. Seeing the amount of wolfsbane pouring out of my body they opened the cell door to see if I needed medical treatment. Of course I did. They practically replaced my normal bloodstream with wolfsbane.

Feeling sick and dizzy I ended up passing out and the next time I woke up I was in a medical room of sorts. A white walled room with dark oak floors and medical tools on a table to left of the bed I was resting on. This was the first time they had brought me to a different room for medical treatment. My condition must've been pretty bad.

I listened around the building for the lone wolves. Being here for years I knew that there were only three lone wolves that watched me and were stationed at this building. There was another one but he only ever visited once a year.

One of them was outside of the door. I heard noise slightly below me so I must be on an upper floor and I couldn't hear where the third wolf was. Maybe outside? I quietly got up from my bed and looked out the window. I didn't see any wolves but saw that we were surrounded by woods.

This could be a good time to escape. This was the first time I've actually almost died by the paws of these lone wolves and I'm more scared of the thought of what would happen to me if I stayed than the risk of trying to escape. I stretched my limbs and torso. My ribs felt slightly sore but other than that I felt good. Better than I had in a while. I must've been in here a lot longer than I first thought.

I opened the window quietly and waited. The wolf outside my door didn't notice. I tried shifting but I couldn't. I guess my wolf hadn't entirely recovered from the overdose of wolfsbane. I climbed out the window using the conveniently placed vines on the side of the building. I was only on the second floor of what seemed to be a house thankfully.

Once my feet touched the dirt of the forest floor I darted further into the woods. I ran and ran not even looking back to see if the lone wolves were following me. It didn't matter. Looking back would slow me down and I didn't have time for that.

I had been running for a while now and finally reached what I was searching for, a river. I immediately jumped into the water and swam across the river onto the other side. My scent would not carry farther than this for a while. I ran a little farther into the woods on the other side of the river and found a small cliff to lay under.

I made sure I was hidden behind some bushes under the cliff so I was out of sight from anyone passing by. I soon fell asleep hoping I would be able to shift tomorrow. Surviving in unclaimed territory, in the woods, as a human, was not a good plan.