CHAPTER 1: UNDER THE WATER

The fish of Yunmeng had been acting strange all day, as though there was a ferocious predator lurking around. It didn't take a minute for the ferryman to understand what's going to happen soon, with the stiff wind coming from somewhere and bringing the smell of unmistakable rain. Everyone needed to head back at Jiang Hotel. He swiftly began moving ahead than the heaven let loose towards of well known Lotus Pier.

As far as he can remember, no one is allowed to step in this place, not even the minister of their country or any of special personalities without the lone permission of Jiang Clan. It is already hard to believe that they let the whole bunch of people from entertainment industry to use this historical place in making a ridiculous drama series, of course there were conditions to meet like — they can only stay for number of days and once the night comes they must go back at Jiang Hotel that was separated in another land. Even him, who's the caretaker of this historical place never dared to stay here out of curiosity.

All of the people living near here had always been respected the Jiang Clan and Yunmeng waters for it's history, beauty, and otherworldly tales. They kept the legends of merman people in their hearts and always believing the unseen existence. That somewhere of these waters, there creatures dwelling down below. Living in peace, quiet time of their lasting lives.

A raindrop splatted on the man's nose making him shiver danced up in his spine. Oh my, heavens didn't plans to let these entertainment people to spend a night in Lotus Pier! Not here for all out of people, they cannot.

From the short distance, he could see the visitors tidying up themselves and seemed ready to go back now. It made him calmed down a bit, it's good they don't leisurely take their sweet time in case of upcoming storm. He cannot let them stay here anymore longer.

As he kept his fast pace course through of the floating Lotus, his sight caught a glimpse of something moving in the water that surrounded by crowded of blooming lotus. Was that someone's head? Ugh, how dared them to swim here without getting permission from me? As far as his mind can remember before, he said no swimming, no one can dwell under the scared waters of Yunmeng. He tiredly glared towards the people waving their hands off at him, relief expressed on each faces, a smile could be seen either. 

"Welcome back! Mister!" One in the crowd shouted.

"I need to talk with your director. You can leave the materials for tonight, I know one place where it to keep safe. Please do not worry anymore, we're in need to go now." The ferryman said at once, not leaving any arguments. It good no one bother to asks him why, and obediently went in the boat.

"Mister, it's going to rain." His partner walked up to him. " We must evacuate everyone at all cost."

"Report?"

"Ah, the visitors behaved properly. No one goes at prohibited places. I don't see anyone breaking the conditions. "

"Hmm.." The ferryman nodded eyeing everyone thoughtfully.

"Did someone dare to swim—"

"None Mister, No one."

What. That's odd. Am I seeing things or is that. He unconsciously gulped.

It was there, he had seen the human head. Too bad, it disappeared so fast like how it supposed to do. Ah, Man, I thought, I could see a mer-people now.

After lamenting autumn and spring in his loss of not having a good eyesight, they immediately left once their other materials are secured in vacant room.
Without lights. Without sounds. The Lotus Pier seems like abandoned and hunted place from distance. Watching it a far as they leave the others starts to wonder some of things. Though no one dare voicing out their thoughts. It was peaceful and tiring journey back to Jiang Hotel.

"Mister, Thank You very much." One of the female staff said.

"No problem. It's my job." He bluntly stated.

"Excuse Me, Mister." It's one of female Actress. "By any chance, do you know the Legend of Lotus Pier?"

Silence. He looked at her as if she is growing up another head. How can this one be so bold, walking toward him for a legend. "Are you saying the Mermaid of Yunmeng?"

"No. The Lotus Pier story, I heard the Jiang Clan own the ancestral place. I also know Yunmeng Legend, but we heard something great today. People says, Jiang Clan are mer-people that's why no one is allowed to go there or visit it once night come. Is that true? Is is true that made the Jiang Clan to live somewhere?"

The ferryman cannot believe this girl.

"Where did you heard that? Do you even know the Jiang's are living in capital ever since. That's completely nonsense and outrageous story. Girl you filled your head of fantasies. Go get a life in reality." He crossed arms and stepped into the pier. He do not want to talk this legend-legend thing with this actress. He heard this one before, a shameless gossiper. It's big question how this woman get their legendary woman Yu Ziyuan role.

"What are you doing!?" Another male reprimanded the nosy actress.

"What! I'm just asking him. That's all. Do you think he knows if the legend is true?"

"Hopeless. You're Hopeless!"

"Whatever."

"It's a legend! Legend!" The listeners didn't bother anymore at the familiar bickering of an actress with her given hairdresser. They continued the usual exchanges until their private cars has finally came to take them back. After informing the usual schedule for next day, the ferryman bid his goodbye at the head director.

"Get inside, everyone. We must leave. Thank you all for the hard work."

"Let's go, Zewu-Jun!" One of the P. A yelled.

The ferryman suddenly turned and saw man in casual clothes of white, still, sitting in the boat, seemingly is looking at distance. The direction of legendary Lotus Pier. He approached the man tiredly, the famous actor he ever heard in television and filled of different stations, papers and so on.
He do not know why this man isn't moving in his place, is he somehow too lazy for movements? Of course not. How crazy it's to be the reason.

"Mr. Lan, it's time to leave. Everyone are settling now."

Waiting around, he was greeted of a familiar godly sight. Even it's already dark, with the standing light posts he could see of this actor handsome face features that rivalled every gods out there. Staring at his face seems never boring and tiring. Wait, this thoughts are making him feel somewhat gay!?

"I apologise for the lack of attention right now. "Lan Xichen told him with his signature warm smile.

"May I ask if there's something wrong Mr. Lan? You seemed staring at Lotus Pier direction for a while." Even when they're sailing the vast waters filled of blooming Lotus. The ferryman hardly noticed of Lan Xichen's gazed toward the historical place while departing as he was having a friendly conversation with other people.

"Actually, I'm having thoughts about this place."

Oh. Is that so. " Thoughts about what Mr. Lan?"

Lan Xichen once again looked at the certain direction. "Will you laugh at me if I say to you that I felt someone were watching me from somewhere."

The ferryman reactions changed into more surprised. He feels of pressing his lips into tight smile, not even sure what to say. So he come up with the first thought entered his mind.

"I wouldn't dare."

Lan Xichen smiled. " Thank you for today. I hope you don't talk this with others for as I might be feeling really tired with our long journey to come here and ending up getting my mind out of hand. See you tomorrow, Sir."

"Sure..." The ferryman thoughtfully stared.

Before walking away, for one last time Lan Xichen asked something has been drilling in his mind. "If I ask about the Lotus Pier legend? Do Sir even willing to share your knowledge to me?"

If before the ferryman are irritated in the said subject from such actress yet now he's feeling nothing but curiosity. He felt his lips tug into amusement at the actor's bluntness and braveness. It is a matter of time for outsiders to be interested in Yunmeng legend. 

"Do Mr. Lan are interested or Do Mr. Lan are inquiring to sate a curiosity."

"If I would say I'm inquiring because I'm interested—"

"Zewu-Jun! We need to go now." The P.A voice shouted. If Lan Xichen feel disappointed for the interruption he didn't show it on his face. He merely nodded at the certain direction then facing a smirking ferryman.

"You should go Mr. Lan, the night is not getting any younger."

"Mnn. Have a good night Sir."

Lan Xichen smiled.

The ferryman didn't say anything.

It's not the end of their conversation, and they know it.

[ August 10 / 2019 ]
[ Words: 1500+]

ShenMa: Oh, Hello there Fellow Xicheng Shippers! Have a nice loving day.

Warning: OOC! Crap Plot and Grammatical Errors. NOT EDITED! FIRST DRAFT !

! This is for my favorite character ever ~ our beloved JiuJiu JC! Sandu Shengshou who deserved the love and happiness~~ Whipping time!