boys and men

"boys make mistakes, but it takes a man to admit it

"boys make mistakes, but it takes a man to admit it."

yasmin

The church was a hectic environment tonight, as Kenya went over details for the wedding. Today was Monday and the wedding was in five days. Kenya wanted everything perfect, as she should. You only get married once.

Kenya's voice was the loudest in the room as she corrected things from left to right, with Zoey in her arms. If I didn't know any better I'd tell you Kenya gave birth to Zoey, based on the way they interacted with one another. Zo followed close behind them with a stressed expression, forcing himself to seem as interested as she was. He really wasn't.

Kairi, Saint, and Isaiah were running around playing tag, and Jayo mama was bouta have a stroke, calling for them to sit down.

Gelo and Jax had cleared it a while ago. Gelo made up some excuse bout training and Jax straight up told us he ain't wanna be here. Alicia and Kalin was sitting with Lavar and Tina.

Hakeem and Carolina was in the back tryna hash things out. Lord knows it's what the both of them needed.

Zayn was keeping me company at first, but Kuz insisted he went with him to get some dinner and I didn't mind.

I watched as Dream and Armani walked up the center of the church's pews. My gaze landed on their hands interlocked.

Suddenly I felt sick.

"Why you lookin at em like that?" a voice spoke from above me.

I looked up to see Melo. A smile stretched across his face as he took a seat in the pew beside me. I took in his fit. He wore a plain black t-shirt with some pajama pants. I hadn't seen him for some time. Actually, a week ago on Zoey's facetime was the last time I talked to him.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." he teased.

I stared at his choice of attire in confusion, "You realize you put sleep clothes on to come to church right?"

"Chill out. I was in bed when Zo called talkin bout Kenya need me here— What she even need me here for, we ain't doing shit." For once, Melo had a point. It really wasn't a reason for us to be here. I'd much rather be at home rehearsing for set, which I started tomorrow.

All I had to do was know my lines, stay pretty, and stay skinny. So far, I was doing aight.

I let out a sigh.

"What happened ma?"

"I'm just tired." and I really was. I ain't even get my iced coffee today.

"What that nigga Drake do? Give me the word and Imma handle it." his face was serious as he spoke.

I shifted my view from his face to his still some what scrawny arms. I let out an ugly laugh. Melo couldn't 'take care' of a trash bag, let alone a whole Drake.