chapter twelve.

You leaned against Eijirou's arm, throwing your head back into his neck to let out a sigh. "Unpacking is so hard; I don't even have that much stuff!" you complained. The others boys glanced at you from your sudden groan.

     Kaminari looked at you two curiously while sitting on the arm of the couch. "Did you two finish unpacking?" he asked.

     "Yeah." you both answered in unison.

     "Good work." Izuku said in a lighthearted tone. You flashed him a wink as thanks before letting your head lull backwards; you weren't able to catch the short and innocent blush that overtook his cheeks.

     "How things ended up this way weren't great, but it's kind of exciting to live together, huh?" the blond boy questioned with a toothy grin.

     Your childhood friend nodded his head, agreeing with Kaminari's statement. Iida interjected, "Living together... this is also training to help us learn cooperation and discipline!"

     "You're going all out, aren't you, Iida?" Eijirou laughed, causing your body to rumble slightly against his.

     Shortly after, the rest of the girls minus one came into the common room. Mina smiled widely, a devious look gleaming in her odd eyes. "Want to have a room presentation contest?"

     "Huh?" the boys echoed with a mortified expression. Before you knew it, the majority of Class 1-A was already in front of Izuku's dormitory.

     Despite his protests, the girls threw open his door. What you faced didn't surprise you at all since you had already knew about the green haired fellow's All Might obsession. Izuku had his hands placed down onto his wooden desk with a flushed face, embarrassed. You patted him on the back to provide some sort of comfort and moral support.

     After Izuku's otaku-like room, up next was Tokoyami's, who was much more resilient about not letting anyone see his. However, the girls overpowered him by pushing him away from the door. You looked around curiously, slightly put off by the amount of darkness that shrouded the area.

     "I bought this keychain before in junior high!" Eijirou commented while holding the metal object in his hand.

     You peered over his shoulder. "Oh, yeah. I remember that."

     His shoulders shook out of surprise from your sudden reply. When he turned his head around, there was a barely visible blush dusting over his nose and cheeks. "Sneaking up isn't manly, [Name]!"

     "But I wasn't even sneaking up on you." you retorted with confused eyes. You flicked him on the nose, causing his face to stagger away a few inches.

     He covered his nose with both of his hands, eyeing you. "Meanie..." he pouted, causing a laugh to stumble out of your lips. When Eijirou's fingers pulled away from his face, there was a light red hue flushed over his nose. You couldn't help but chuckle again at the sight.

     The rest of the rooms went by quickly; Todoroki was mumbling about being sleepy, and the boys were secretly being competitive about the room contest. You frankly didn't care, but was there just to spend some time with your classmates. When it was time for Eijirou's room, you were close to passing out due to exhaustion, but a question brought you frigidly awake and aware.

     "Hey, weren't you going to bring a cat, Kirishima?" Ashido inquired curiously, a finger placed on her pink chin. "Where is that cutie?"

     The person in question rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "Yeah, I was, but I haven't been able to find her recently..." you averted your eyes away from the two; you had been too busy packing up the little stuff you had to even think about going out to cross paths with Eijirou.

     "She wasn't living with you beforehand?" Uraraka Ochako wondered while tilting her head to the side out of confusion. "Was she a stray?"

     "Yeah, but I always met up with her in a park," the redhead nodded. "But I'm sure that I'll see her sometime soon. And when I do, I'll let everyone meet her!" he laughed boisterously. "Well, everyone except for [Name] since she has cat allergies." everyone's attention went onto your rigid form against the room's wall, and you mentally cursed at your misfortune.

     "Cat allergies?" your oblivious childhood friend repeated aloud, puzzlement laced into his voice. "What do you mean? [Name] doesn't have any—"

     "—yeah! I have pretty bad ones," you interrupted Izuku before he could unknowingly expose you. "They only came up recently though, s-so they didn't appear when I was a kid." you quickly stuttered, flashing a nervous smile at your classmates. You ignored the green haired male's perplexed stare on your tense body.

     "That's so sad!" Hagakure cried out immediately. "You can't pet those adorable creatures, [Name]?" 

     "That is a bit unfortunate," Todoroki agreed whiling nodding slowly. "Can we hurry up? I'm sleepy..." he quietly complained, rubbing his index and thumb together. You let out a forced, awkward laugh as an response before looking down at room's floor.

     There was a pang of regret and guilt that slammed against your heart for having to lie to your best friend and classmates, but you kept reminding yourself that there was no turning back. It was your decision to continue and not come clean at first, so you were now paying the price. You glanced up from the ground to gaze at Eijirou, and let out a silent sigh.

     There was no backing out from that point since you couldn't bare to see him heartbroken, as he held your own heart in his open hands.