Chapter 1

"get up or you're going to be late" my little bother Omari said.

"Whatever, get out of my room" I said sitting up in the bed and trying to figure out what I was going to put on. After figuring it out I walked to the bathroom and Omari was in there.

"Omari get out of the bathroom!" I shouted banging on the door

"Wait" He said from the other side

I walked back to my room and grabbed a metro card and picked the lock until the door opened up.

"Get out" I said to him

"Fucking criminal " he said as he looked at me and rolled his eyes before getting out the bathroom and going into his room.

I took a 20 minute shower before going back to my room to dry off and throw on my clothes.

Once I was ready I walked downstairs and my mom was sitting at the table with her robe on

"Your not going to work ma?" I asked

"No, I have court with your father"

"What for?"

"I'll tell you about it later, but I need you to drop off your brother please"

"How are you getting to court?"

"My man is taking me, why are you asking so much questions. Girl, they not going to send you home, you too thick to be wearing these" she said touching my leggings

"Nah I doubt it, it's the last day anyways" I said

"Okay, But I think your drawing unnecessary attention to yourself "

I looked at her sideways before grabbing the keys, I didn't mind taking my brother to school, we went to the same school anyways. He's a freshmen and I'm a junior this is our last day of school before summer break anyways.

"I have to work today too ma"

"Alright that's fine take yourself " she said

She must've got some great dick because she's being entirely too nice, I thought to myself.

"Who's your man anyways?" I asked

"Mind your busy, why you so nosy girl"

"Whatever" I said rolling my eyes before heading out the door

My mom is always being secretive, it's no secret that she's seeing someone new, I mean it's not like she's ugly or something and after the big divorce between her and my dad, I expected that. My dad and mom divorced due to infidelity issues, my dad cheated on my mom a few times.

In the house it was just me, my mom and my brother Omari he was two years younger than me and my older brother Amir, he lived by himself but closer to my dad. I'm 17, Omari is 15 and Amir is 19.