05

The next day, November woke up, feeling somewhat unclear. Her brain was foggy, and her cloudy sight cleared as she adapted to the reality quickly. Nov felt like she had a strange dream, the ones that disappear at the moment you wake up. She rubbed her eyes, and noticed that the other girls were already getting ready for a new day.

"You up, sleepy head?" Delilah said, brushing her hair while her eyes were glued on a book as usual.

"Yeah. I had this really unusual dream that I don't remember." November said, shaking her head.

"If you don't remember it, how do you know it was unusual?" Safiya joked, which November just shrugged off as she got off of bed. Her left foot landed on the wooden floor, but her right foot landed on something hard and smooth at the same time. November looked down, and found the book Scipio lent to her lying under her foot. Again, she didn't - couldn't know the title of the book. The book cover was faded - it must be an ancient book. Thus, it had a lot of useful information other books didn't contain, although November didn't read the whole thing.

"Delilah," November said, picking up the book from the floor. "Do you know the title of this book? I'd really want to know it." She handed the book over to Delilah. Hopefully, Delilah the book-nerd would know the title, since she read nearly every single book in the library. Delilah skipped through the books, and stopped at certain pages frequently.

"Well this is a book that I've never seen, is it from the school library?" Delilah finally spoke after examining the book for a good five minutes.

"Um... I don't know. Scipio just lent it to me because of our DA project." November said, unsure.

"It's very interesting, some parts are something that I have never known before." Delilah said curiously, tilting her head as she continued to observe the book. "Must be very old." She said, shutting the book and running her fingers on the faded cover.

"I never knew Delilah had something she didn't know." Hellebore said sarcastically. Actually, everybody in the room agreed - even Delilah kinda shrugged, which meant she sort of agreed. She handed over the book back to November, as she stood up from her bed.

"November, hurry up so we can go get some breakfast." Moody said, picking up some random books to read today.

"Alright, let me just wash my face." November said, as she tied her hair into a high messy ponytail.

"Cereals! Mmm, I love Cheeri Owls!" November said, excited to see her favorite cereal on the table. She poured milk into her bowl after spilling a great amount of the cereal to it.

"Are you sure you can eat all that?" Regulus said, slightly cringing.

"Don't you worry, if we lock her up in a room naked and give her some Cheeri Owls she would be very grateful." Safiya said, jumping into the question. Rugulus nearly choked and spit out his milk at it.

"Seriously, Safiya, that example was very unnecessary." November said, rolling her eyes at her witty friend.

"No, I think she explained it just fine." Regulus said, when he swallowed all of his milk without spitting them all out. November huffed as she took a spoon of her cereal, making the conversation end. That moment, November noticed someone eyeing her frequently. Not someone - two people. She turned around, trying to see who it was, and spotted Scipio smiling at her. Did you read the book? He mouthed, and November replied with a thumbs-up and a grin. Not all, but a little bit. She added. Scipio smiled back, and thinking that that was a dismiss sign November turned back around again and noticed it was Lucas who was also looking at her. He sipped his milk and eyed her nervously, and when they locked eyes Lucas quickly looked away. November frowned, but shrugged it off.