09

It took a few hours for November to slowly sink into reality. She was dating somebody, somebody too good for herself. The best student of Ilvermorny, and the heir of a great wizard in North America. The Asian girl doubted a million times if she made a right decision as she walked back in the secret stairs that leaded the couple back to Hogwarts. However, looking at Scipio who was leading her with her hand in his, she immediately regretted doubting it - he truly cared for her, which was something very rare for November. It was the girl's very first time to have a boyfriend, or actually, be close to a boy this much. All her friends were girls, and all the boys around her were busy making fun of all. Lucas Flint was a good example of that.

Shutting the book with a loud snap, Scipio and November had arrived to the Hogwarts' school library. Compared to when they had left the school, the library was quite empty.

"There's only twenty minutes until curfew." Scipio said. "We gotta hurry."

November simply nodded, as they headed to their dorm without words, but their fingers still entangled together. As they faced the forked hallway that lead one way to the Slytherin dungeon, and one to the Gryffindor tower.

"We should say goodbye here." November said, letting go of their hands. But her boyfriend pulled her hand again, shaking his head.

"No, I'll walk you to your dorm." He said, smiling. November smiled back, but frowned immediately as she saw the clock in the hallway.

"You'll be late." She said.

"It's okay. Let's go." Scipio grinned, assuring November, who was still concerned. Scipio turned his feet towards the Slytherin dungeon, and November followed.

"You can't tell anyone about our trip today, Nov." Scipio whispered as they headed downstairs.

"I promise." The asian girl nodded, whispering back. Their footsteps echoed down the grey halls, and November was able to feel the warm temperature of Scipio's hands due to the cold air. "I think I should let go of your hand from here." November added, as they found some Slytherin students in the hallway. They untangled their fingers, but still walked closely to each other.

"Nov!" November heard her name being called from behind her back, and she and her boyfriend turned around in union. It was Hellebore, who was approaching Nov with a suspicious eye. "What is he doing here?"

"He asked me o-"

"I just wanted to walk her to her dorm, that's all." Scipio replied hurriedly. "I guess now that you have a friend to go with, I should go to my dorm."

"Okay then, bye." Hellebore shrugged, taking November's arm. And without being able to say goodnight, the two couple was parted away.

-

"What were you doing with the Gryffindor?" Hellebore asked suspiciously.

"...Stuff." was all the tired Asian girl could say.

"Which Gryffindor?" Safiya joined the chat, and November knew only too well that Delilah was listening too.

"The one that lent her a book." Hellebore said, rolling her eyes.

"Oh, that cute Asian guy? Wait, what was his name again?" Safiya asked.

"Scipio," November mumbled, just loud enough for her roommates to hear.

"Right," Safiya smirked. "so is there something going on between you guys?"

"Nothing."

"You're terrible at lying." Hellebore sighed, shaking her head.

Then, Delilah removed her eyes from her book and stared at November with a doubting expression.

"What?" November asked.

"I thought you had something with Lucas." Delilah said, simply shrugging.

"Me? With Flint? What makes you think so?" November asked, stopping everything she was doing.

"Weren't you guys having a date together a couple of days before?" Said the young Moody, shocking her roommate with her words.

"What? No!" November said, raising her voice. Having a date with Flint? That was something impossible, and everybody in Hogwarts knew it.

"Well I saw you two at the library that day. It was almost curfew, don't you remember?" Delilah questioned.

"I never went to the library with him. I never went to anywhere with him." November denied firmly.

"Well, you might have been obliviated." Delilah shrugged as she went back to reading.

"Obliviated, that's insane!" Safiya cried.

"That's not true. I was never been obliviated except..." November thought. "I... can't know that."

"Well someone has a crush on you." Hellebore smirked.

"Wha - but he shouldn't!" November said, starting to panic.

"Why not? It's his freedom to like anyone he likes." Safiya said.

"B- because I'm going out with Scipio." She blurted out. Safiya's jaws dropped open and Hellebore just made a face that said 'Yeah, I knew it.'. November's words even made Delilah look away from her precious book.

"You what?" Safiya asked.

"You heard my words." Sighed November. "Guys, we are not 100 percent sure if Flint obliviated me - Delilah could've seen another pair of Slytherins and thought it was us, okay? I had a very busy day today, so let me wrap this up and get to sleep." She snapped, as she snuggled into her blankets. The other girls didn't say much more, but the truth was, November wasn't able to go to sleep.

She had a date that she wasn't sure she loved, and there was a possibility that a boy - a really bothering boy - liked her.