What a mess

Contest for: cxsmicbaby

summary:
You've done your best to keep Billy away from all of Hawkin's supernatural shit, but things never really go to plan.

warnings?:
swearing, arguing, blood/violence?

**takes place in season 2**
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

You never wanted Billy to be a part of this paranormal mess. You'd preferred if he stayed out of it completely, but the universe had other plans.

Billy and you had been best friends since California, until you had to move away sophomore year. You never thought you'd see him again, but then he came to Hawkins.
He didn't change much, he was still the same snarky, egotistical bastard that you loved. The one thing that did change was your relationship.
You guys began dating, and you made sure your relationship worked. You guys trusted each other immensely, you always told each other the truth...well almost.

When you moved to Hawkins, you were instantly thrown right into the middle of this Upside Down bullshit. You met the kids through Jonathan, who was currently one of your best friends, and became part of their party. You helped them to fight off the Demogorgon, save Will, and turn everything almost normal.

Hint at the normal part.

It was a little past Halloween and Will, who was basically your little brother, kept claiming of being in the 'Upside Down' while still being here in the normal world. You believed him 100%, you knew he wouldn't be lying, but everyone else seemed to brush him off (except Joyce and Jonathan of course). So you guys made a routine, you'd go after school, three times a week and talk to him about what was happening.
Today was one of your days, except Billy was throwing a "tantrum", making it impossible for you to leave.

"But why do you have to go? It doesn't make sense!"

You rolled your eyes as he kept stomping around your porch, his arms waving wildly in the air. You, huffed before rolling your eyes.

"Billy, for the last time, it's nothing. I'm just hanging out with one of my friends."

"He's a kid (Y/N)! Why would you want to hang out with a child?" He glared at you, his foot tapping as he finally stopped pacing.

"He's a friend Billy, a really good one. And yes, he may be a few years younger than us, but he's very mature for his age." You stated calmly, holding his glare.
You watched as Billy's eye twitched slightly before he let out a long breath.

"Peach, you're really killing me here. Is it so bad to just skip your playdate for one day and stay with me?" You ruffled your hair while looking away.

"...yes baby, it is. He needs me right now." You kept your gaze away from him, afraid of seeing his expression to your refusal. "He's been through a lot, Billy, more than you'll understand. And I'm the only one he can turn to right now. Please, Please understand that I love you and your company, but I just gotta be there for him, do you get it?" You looked back at him, his face was unreadable and you grew nervous. You watched as he let out a breath before nodding.

"Yeah, Yeah I get it. Just, be careful ok? And you owe me some alone time alright?" You raised your eyebrow at how quickly he agreed to letting you go, Nonetheless you smiled and ran into his arms, giving him a tight squeeze before kissing his cheek.

"You bet your sweet ass I do!" You skipped away, hearing him chuckle. You climbed into your old truck, waving as Billy leaned against the post of your porch, waving back slightly. With that, you pulled out of your driveway, his figure growing smaller and smaller in the distance.