Let me love you

requested: graciep6666

summary: Steve Harrington is your boyfriend...well kind of. His continuation of making moves on Nancy Wheeler really takes it's toll on you. Until Billy Hargrove crashed into your life.

warnings?: mild cursing, thoughts of dying, slight abusive nature?

a//n: hey guys! Sorry for being inactive, I've been a tad bit stressed, but it's all fine now. I plan to make this a part 2, which should be coming out soon!

I know Steve and Billy are a little OC in this, but I didn't know how else to write them without it clashing. I hope you enjoy and I am sorry if I trigger anyone!

If you are triggered by some of these topics, please do not read!

Stay safe!!

//////////////////////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Having Steve as your boyfriend was, well, very uneventful.

Every day felt the same, arrive at school, hold hands, sit together, listen to Tommy and Carol fight...it was a rhythm you got used to.

You never felt the spark you guys once shared and you knew he felt the same way. You knew as you watched him make eyes at Nancy Wheeler, but you couldn't do anything about it. You were scared.

As much as you wished you could end the relationship, you couldn't. Steve was all you had, he was the only thing left in your life that made you feel somewhat normal. That in its own was enough to keep you two together.

It was damaging, always watching the one you were supposed to love fling themselves at someone else, but what could you say? You're already used to feeling pain.

//////////////////////////////////////

It was another dull morning, the sky was as gray as ever as you walked down the long and empty road to school. Steve never bothered to pick you up anymore, complaining that it was a waste of gas.
As much as it hurt, you said you understood and went on with your day. It killed you that he didn't notice how much it hurt you, he didn't even seem to care. It made you feel like you wanted to di-

"Hey!"

Blinking, your mind wandered off of your previous thought and locked onto whoever was calling you. Across from you was a Camaro, and in the driver seat was an unfamiliar face.

"Where you headin'?" The stranger called, his eyes burning into your own.

"I'm just heading to Hawkins High..." A small lump filled your throat as you trailed off awkwardly. You cursed yourself silently as you pleaded the man to go away.

"I'm heading there too, wanna ride?"

"I don't know..."

"C'mon, I can't leave a pretty little thing like you to walk out here by yourself.." The man's tone was playful as a smirk plastered itself onto his face. "Plus, I'm going there too. So, whaddya say?"

A sigh left your lips as you nodded, instantly climbing in as he unlocked the door for you.

"Oh, um...thank you. I'm (Y/N) by the way.." You spoke softly, your hands fidgeting in your lap.

"I'm Billy, Billy Hargrove." His hand left the wheel and extended itself towards you. You giggled at him before shaking his hand softly, a smile gracing your lips as he pulled away and began racing down the street.

You felt your heart thump excitedly in your chest as you held onto the door handle, your eyes were wide as you watched the trees blur beside you.
You felt Billy's gaze on you as he sped down the street, his hand reaching for the music dial before he began blaring 'Rock You like a Hurricane.'