(A)nd (S)o It (D)evelopes

A/N: I couldn't find a picture of Naruto and Gaara with a kid, so I made one. 'I made one' as in I took a different photo and made it GaaNaru. Enjoy my bad Photoshop skills, and sorry I even did this. But that's how I picture Gaara and Naruto's kid, red hair like Gaara (Or from Naruto's Uzumaki heritage) and Naruto's blue eyes.

______________

Naruto watched with saddened eyes as his son stomped his foot and violently swung his arms. Many times he had witnessed sensory meltdowns but it never got easier to not be able to help someone of his own flesh and blood. With Gaara, of course it was terrifying, but he already knew how to help him during his episodes. Yet with his own son it seemed as if nothing worked.

"Gaara? Can you come home right now, it's just that Yuiitsu's not calming down. I can really use your help." Naruto said into the phone pressed against his ear.

"I'm leaving the store now. I'll be home in twenty minutes." Naruto sighed as Gaara hung up, he always has to remind him to say goodbye first.

"Iitsu, you wanna play with Mr. Kuma?" Naruto bent down to his six year old son, holding out a brown teddy bear-- a gift from Kankuro when Yuiitsu was born which Gaara thought he had lost long ago. As spit drooled from his mouth, Yuiitsu tried to get himself to look at his friend, but he felt blinded by the living room light. Naruto frowned, he knew his son was agitated by the loud music coming from their neighbors. Apparently it was someone's birthday, and though Naruto was definitely one for parties, he wished he could tell them to turn that crap off. But instead, there wasn't much to help block out the noises and vibrating beats. He closed all the windows and even tried to go to the furthest room from the source.

Grabbing a tissue, Naruto set Mr. Kuma down and scooted closer to Yuiitsu. He gently took hold of the younger boy's chin and wiped away the drool.

Yuiitsu whined and tried to take a step back but ended up almost tripping. Naruto, on pure instinct, grabbed him and pulled him into a hug. "Tell me what's bothering you, Sweetie." Naruto whispered but all he got in return was his son twisting in his arms.

Running his hand through Yuiitsu's red hair, he began to hum a tune he knew his son would recognize. It was the melody to Themes From the Moldau. Naruto wasn't big on classical music, but Gaara surely was.

He once told him it helped when he was pass stimming. When rubbing his arms didn't calm him down enough, than the melody his mother used to sing to him would. Naruto and Gaara, whenever they held Yuiitsu in their arms, would always hum it. Hoping it would work for him as it did for his redhead father.

Yuiitsu hiccuped as he slowly went from pushing at Naruto's chest to fidgeting with his fingers. Naruto's shirt was stained with tears and snot but he couldn't care less about it since Yuiitsu seemed to be finally calming down. It felt as though they were there for an hour, but since Gaara hadn't arrived yet, Naruto shrugged it off. He didn't care how long it took, he just wanted Yuiitsu to be happy.

Just as Naruto was pulling away, the neighbors decided fireworks were the best way to upset an autistic kid.

Not on purpose, of course. But to Naruto, it sure felt like it.

Yuiitsu ran to the coffee table and hid underneath. His arms wrapped themselves over his head to try and block out the sudden booming and slammed his eyes shut. "Yuiitsu," Naruto pleaded as he walked over to him.

"No! No like!" Yuiitsu cried. Naruto knew if he wanted to calm down Yuiitsu, than he would have to stay calm himself. Just as he was about to start humming again, Gaara suddenly unlocked and opened the front door.