Chapter 6 - Zaho

If I hadn't had to start nights the next day, I would have suggested that we call up Zack to see if he was out to go clubbing – as it was, I knew that I needed to stay up kind of late, so that I could sleep during the day, but going out dancing was probably not a great idea.

Andy and I stayed at Kimi's for a few more songs, but by 9:30, we were both ready to go home. Thankfully, he had switched to water halfway through dinner, after having a glass of wine with his steak. I, on the other hand, had decidedly NOT switched to water until after my performance, so I was a bit of a mess. But an adorable mess. The kind of mess that you wanted to take home and make love to...

When we got back to my place, Andy almost had to carry me into the house, I was so wild with drink and excitement at my recent concert. Once inside, he let Max out to pee while I got ready for bed, or rather, while I got ready to put Andy into a sex coma.

I decided that it was time that he should learn to dance, and what better motivation, then to have a teacher who is wearing a dress that says, 'single & ready to mingle.' I kicked off my silver heels, plugged my phone into the charging station and ran into my closet to change into the little black dress that Andy had (appropriately) objected to earlier in the day. For the hell of it, I also put on a pair of black dance heels. I mean, when in Rome, right? I grabbed the candles that we had left in the bedroom from the "wine" tasting the evening prior and moved them to the mantle in the living room. I went back into the kitchen for my phone and turned my Sonos stereo to my clubbing playlist (it started with Eve's Let me blow your mind), then I went back into the living room (which was mostly empty, except for my couch) and turned off the lights and pulled Max's dog bed to the side of the room.

Max came bounding in, and I tried to convince him to go sleep on his bed the way Andy does by just pointing to it, but he looked at me like I was speaking another language. I swear that fucking dog was laughing at me. Whatever. Andy walked into the living room moments later, and I could tell he was a little bit disoriented by the dimmed lighting. I walked up behind him and put my hands on his back. I think I startled him, because he turned quickly, putting his arms around my waist. It took him about three seconds to realize that I had changed into the little black dress.

"I realized that you've given me a whisky lesson, but that I haven't offered you a dance lesson. Would you like one tonight?" I said, swaying provocatively in time with the beat.

He gulped but said nothing.

I walked slowly around him, touching his body à la Claire and Jamie in the wedding episode in Season 1. When I had come full circle, I put two hands on his chest and looked up at him inquisitively.

"Uh... sure," he said.

The song changed to The Way I Are by Timbaland. I walked (or rather, strutted) to the middle of the room and beckoned him to follow with my finger.

He moved forward, and I positioned myself so that I was in front of him. I put his hands on my hips and started moving back and forth in time to the music. He had rhythm, but he wasn't really able to concentrate, as I had to keep moving his hands from other parts of my body back to my hips. I switched tactics and turned to face him, this time, putting my hands on his hips to see if I could get us to move together. Again, concentration was an issue, since we kept kissing each other.

The song changed again to Smack That by Akon. I tried to demonstrate a bachata rhythm, but he just started laughing as the moves got more and more complicated. Mid-way through the song, he had me pushed up against the door frame and he was smacking my hips against the wall, albeit on beat, which I thought was a small victory. The track changed again to 679 by Fetty Wap, which seemed an appropriate time to stop pretending that I was teaching him to dance. Abandoning the lesson, I pushed him away from me, picked up my phone, blew the candles out and turned and walked into the bedroom, letting him 'check that ass one more time' just like the song said to.