Part 1~ the beginning

Hi, my name is Brooke! Brooke Clark. I go to Kenson lake high which is an ordinary college with ordinary teens and ordinary teachers. My best friend is Amelia Watts, she's not only my bestie but she's also my roomie for the next 2 years. There's also another person whom I'm gonna be with, hopefully for a long while, Alec Jones. He's been my crush since 6th grade- when he first hit puberty! He's so hot and muscular and so my type, the problem is, I'm not his. Alec is cool and popular whereas I'm.... not. I just want to prove myself to everyone that I'm not a boring loner, that I'm actually a beautiful, smart loving girl who deserves a better reputation. I just need to prove that to one person - Alec Jones.

"Brooke! Brooke!" Screamed Amelia.
"What is it Gem?!" Gem is what I call Amelia as when we first met in 1st grade we both wanted this pink gem at the school fate. We both ran to get it but we were both too far away so someone else bought it. Ever since I've always called her Gem and she's always called me Babs or Bab for short ( don't ask me why cause even I don't know!)
"Gem! Amelia?" I was wondering what she wanted. She was screaming at me for ages while I was in the shower. I wrapped a towel round me and slid on my slippers. I walked to Amelia's bed and saw her sitting there, depressed.
"Gem, what's wrong?" As I said those words even more tears flooded out of her eyes. They were blotchy and red.
"Chris broke up with me!" She cried. I stood there confused. Chris has been with Amelia for years and now he suddenly wants to brake up?
"What did he say?" She handed me her phone. There was a scruffy written text message in her recents.
"This cant be..." Then I clicked on Chris.
"Sorry, don't see you anymore need to brake up." How dare he send something like that to Amelia!
I could tell she was broken.
"Common, let's go get some lunch out." I offered my hand to Amelia, she grabbed it and got up off her bed.
"Ok, I'm hungry!" A slight smile appeared on her face but then it disappeared quickly.
At our local cafe...
Our college is great! It's just the food. It's absolutely disgusting! No one ever eats the food there. Instead we all go to our local cafe called Pappies Cafe. There food is so nice in there! And best of all, we go there so much, we've turned into "regulars!" We always get the same thing so Pappie, the owner, knows our orders off by heart.
"Hiya Pappie! The usual please."
"Of course girls!" Pappie said with a smile.
Our food soon came. I had the Chickpea salad with a chocolate milkshake and Amelia had the same but with a vanilla milkshake.
"Gem, I'm sorry I just don't get why he just dumped you like that, all of a sudden?!"
" yeah, I'm pretty shocked too!" Then it came to me. A horrible thought in my head that may or may not be true.
" Gem, you don't think he's cheating do you?"
" you know what Brooke, I honestly don't care, he broke up with me so he just doesn't want to be together. Even if he was cheating, let him have his slut of a girlfriend, they deserve each other!"
"Good for you Gem!" I pulled out my purse to pay for our meal, as it was my idea, I was paying for Amelia's too.
"Hey Pappie, I'll just get the money." I unclipped my purse and reached in for cash but instead I pulled  out a Starbucks card and a blue button.
"Omg. I'm broke!"