Chapter Seventeen Past Part two

Dusk told me about her past. It was a horrible story. Why she hated karai. What karai did to her. Karai tortured her. Starved her. Cut her. Electrocuted her. Did anything she could to make dusk miserable. But the only way karai could've gotten a ship out to the region of space where dusk lived. The kraang. They were the source of her power. They were the ones responsible. As I thought about this. I lie in my bed awake. I lay there for hours and hours on end. Thinking about dusk. Thinking about Leo and my brothers. About karai. How could this all be happening? It just couldn't. Dusk meant too much to me. Raph and Mikey. Who knows where they were now. And karai. To think I ever wanted her to join us. But what if dusk was lying. What if she did this just to keep me away from her. No. I couldn't let my mind drift like this. I started to think about other things. What the previous day held. Me and dusk ran and jumped across rooftops. Searching for my brothers, raph and Mikey. Which we never found. I fixed dusk's armor. Karai and I had a long talk about joining me and dusk in the revenge of my brother. But now. Everything was coming together. Everything made sense. Dusk was telling the truth. Karai was evil. But she had changed. She was manipulated by her father. Shredder. I wouldn't let him poison her brain. Not again. And what about that voice. The one coming to kill me. It had to be dusk's brother. I did not know his name but I know I would soon. Then a voice said, "do you always talk to yourself?" I jumped. It was only karai.

Dusk was at the floor of my bed. Hopefully she wouldn't notice. But I looked at karai. I said, " what the shell are you doing in here?" She said, " I came to talk." I sat there. Waiting for her to say something. But instead. She just kept walking closer to my bed. Every step closer. Was another step I got hotter. Every step. Was another step I felt more uncomfortable. She sat on my bed and got close to me. She said, " about today. I know you still don't trust me. And I never expect you to. But I know where to find your brothers. Raphael and Michelangelo." I gasped. She put her hand over finger over my mouth and said, "shh. Don't wake up your feline friend. She might try to kill me." Then karai crawled up beside me. Almost on top of me. And I started to blush. She whispered in my ear, "come with me and I'll show you where to find them." I stared at her. I know my face had to be blood red. But I did. And before I left the room. I looked at dusk and said. "I'm sorry but my brothers need me."

Karai and I ran out the door. We ran across rooftops and finally. We ended up at an abounded junk yard. This is the last place I saw karai. When I tried to kill her. She said, "down there." I said back, "there still there." She said, "there lost souls, spirit. Ever since the curse was lifted. They have no use for existence. They just wonder around. With nothing to do. Waiting to die." I'm not sure if it was anger or depression but. Something conflicted inside of me. I looked at her. And somehow I knew she brought the antidote. We jumped off the rooftop and down into the junkyard.

We spotted raph first. He started to run at us both. Luckily, I never take off my weapons. I threw my chain around his body. Karai injected him with the antidote. He screamed. Screamed with pain and agony. We did the same to Mikey. But they passed out. We couldn't just leave them here. We had to return them to the lair. So we did. We dropped them off at the entrance of the lair. Where Leo and April still resided. The ones who betrayed me. Karai could see the look of hatred in my eyes. She put her hand on my shoulder as I turned my back on the lair where I once lived. She said, "don't worry. We will destroy them one day." She stared into my eyes. For what seemed to be forever. I broke it off. I didn't want this to happen. I said, "hurry. If dusk finds out, she'll be furious."

We hurried back to our home. And on the way back. Karai told me. She also heard about how dusk told her that she had tortured dusk. She said, "it's true. I won't lie to you. I did. I was manipulated by my father. And I regret doing it. Dusk shouldn't have never been through the pain I caused her. I know she hates me. But that's just something I'll have to live with." We stopped. I said, "listen I believe you. And to prove to you. I'm going to need you to fight with us. Against Leo. Against this force that wants to kill me. Kill us. We need each other." She stared into my eyes. Something just came over me. I didn't know what it was. But I kissed her. Very passionately in fact. But I immediately broke it off. "No. I'm sorry. But I can't do this." I said. I ran away as fast as I could. Bawling my eyes out. The wind stung my eyes as I ran. But I needed to get away. I swore I would not get hurt again. I couldn't let my emotions interfere. When I finally got back to my room. I crawled back into bed and dusk heard me. She knew exactly what I had done. I forgot she could read vibes. She just went back to sleep. She was too angry to talk to me. But the one thing I realized is that no matter what I did. Somebody was always going to get hurt. And it would always be my fault.