Chapter Seventeen Past Part Three

The next morning. I woke up to screaming. Blood pouring like rivers on to the floor. It was dusk. Her stomach. Somebody had slashed her gut open. I crouched down in the pool of blood. Bandaging her up. I know it looked like I committed a murder. Because just about my whole body was covered in blood. The only thing dusk could do was scream and cry in agonizing pain. But as I tried my best to heal her. To bandage her. It didn't work. Nothing did. Karai eventually showed up. She said, "I came as fast as I could!" I yelled, "not quick enough!" By this time. Tears were flowing down my cheeks like rivers. No. Crashing waves from the ocean. My bestfriend! The only one who stood by me. I though it would be all over. I thought I would lose her. But karai. She said, " stand back." I did. Blood dripped down my legs and arms as I watched karai. I then became astonished at what I had just seen. Karai could. Heal the wounds? It looked like nothing had even happened to her! As she unwrapped the bandages. The cuts were completely gone! I kissed karai. "Thank you so much!" I just realized what I had done. Right in front of dusk. Karai and I blushed at the same moment. Dusk said, "no. Don't worry about me. Just in the hands of death itself." I crouched down to dusk again. I said, " who did this to you and how did they get in here undetected?" She said, "if I knew that, do you think I'd still be sitting here?"

I heard a loud crash from back in the main room. I said, "karai. You stay with dusk." She nodded and I ran out. Then when I saw it. I stopped in my tracks. Tears well up in my eyes. Leo! Raph! Mikey! What have they done?! They completely destroyed my home! I was so angry. No. My rage could not get the best of me. I couldn't be seen. But it was too late. Leo rushed to me. With his new gear. He had razor sharp blades on the end of arms. Leo! He had done this! But the scars were much deeper and bigger. So it couldn't have been him. But what was he doing here anyway. He held me against the wall. I struggled for air. His eyes dilated. Then turned a glowing yellow. He said, "remember this?" He threw me to the ground. And beat in my face. Raph and Mikey. Just stood there. Stood there and watched me get beat up. My own brothers. Where had they gone. But as Leo was throwing one punch after another. I was slowing growing more and more unconscious. But I realized. Raph and Mikey were suddenly gone. That was it! My rage. It must be unleashed. Now!

I kicked him in the shell. He landed on his back. The wall cracked. And bits and pieces crumbled around him. I said, "you were my brother! You betrayed me! I trusted you! What have you done with raph and Mikey!" I took out my blade. Ready to fight. He wiped his mouth and stared at the floor. He finally looked at me and smiled. He said, " there mine now. You have no idea what's happening to them and you never will. But enough talk. It. Ends. Now." He drew his blades. And we ran at one another. Our blades clashed. And I avoided his blow. However. He punctured me in the back of my shell. It cracked. And then. It happened. I screamed. And I jumped on top of him. Slashing every part of Leo I could see. There was soon a pool of blood. Leo's scars were too deep to heal. Yet somehow. He survived. His hatred drove him to fight towards his last breath. He stood up weakily and said, "you won this battle. But you shall never win the war." He ran down the hall. I followed him. Only to meet karai. She came running. She yelled, "they were too strong! I couldn't stop them! Forgive me!" She couldn't stop crying! She hugged me and blood covered us both. I held her and said, " what happened?" She calmed down and finally looked at me. "Your brothers. They took dusk." I said, "no. They will not get away with this!" I paused. I kissed karai passionately. And I stared at her and said, " I know exactly where they went. You and I must travel there. To dusk's home."