Chapter Three

I started drinking again. I couldn't contain myself. I tried and I failed again. That's not true I kept repeating in my head. She's going to be so disappointed. Why would she even care? We aren't even together. I stood up wobbling a little. Why would she ever care. I dial her phone number and call her.

"Luca, do you even know what time it is?" She yelled annoyed. "I don't care." I said rolling my eyes. "What is wrong with you?" She harshly whispered. "You. Why did you leave me?" I yelled on the phone. "You cheated and hurt me." She said raising her voice. Oh that's right. I was ashamed of myself so I hung up the phone. I can't believe I did that. I furiously rubbed my hands through my hair.

She's going to hate my forever. I should go see her. I grabbed my keys and phone and headed towards the car. I got in and started to drive over the speed limit. Doing 100 in a sixty isn't good. I didn't care I felt alive. I felt the adrenaline in my body warming me up. Then a car pulled out in front of me. I couldn't hit my brakes hard enough. The last thing I saw was my beautiful Audrey on our wedding day and then it all turned black.

Audrey's POV
Is he crazy? I paced back and forth infuriated. He has so right talking to me like that. I kept calling him. Hoping he would answer but nope. He sounded drunk. Shit. He's drinking again. That filthy liar. I rolled my eyes and called Maggie. "What's wrong?" She answered yawning. "Luca called me and sounded drunk!" I harshly whispered. "Not your problem." She said annoyed.

"I know." I said sadly defeated. "You shouldn't love him anymore." She said with a calm voice. "I know." I took a deep breath and sat down on the floor. "Maggie, is it bad that I still do?" I said starting to cry. "I don't really know. But he hurt you and you shouldn't be trying to get back with him if he can't change." She said making me think. "That's true." I said starting to cry.

"I got to go." I said trying to contain my sobs. I hung up and didn't wait for her to say goodbye. I anxiously looked at my phone waiting for a text or even a call. It never came. I finally decided to go to sleep and wait until the morning. I cried myself to sleep.

Elian woke me up crying. I checked my phone and I had no notification. "Hey baby." I said kissing him on the forehead. He calmed down and I started feeding him his bottle. Jasper hasn't woken up yet which is good. I was so tired. I sat in the rocking chair and slowly patted his back until he feel back asleep. I put him in his crib and shut the door.

My phone started ringing. I didn't recognize the number but I answered anyway. "Hello?" I said. "Um hello is this Audrey Moretti?" Said a young mans voice. "Yes." I said confused. "Can you please come down to the hospital? Something serious has happened." He said. My stomach knotted and I turned pale. "What's wrong?" I asked starting to cry a little. "We will tell you everything when you get here." He said calmly.

I called Maggie and she came and watched the boys. I drove fast and ran a couple of red lights. I arrived and parked. I quickly got out of the car and ran inside. I was greeted by a nice handsome man. "Are you Audrey?" He asked again. "Yes." I said anxiously. He told me to take a seat which I did and waited for him to talk to me. "Your husband was in a really bad car accident and he died. Do you understand me?" He said sympathetically. I sat there shocked and confused.

I kept rethinking the conversation we had last night. I couldn't speak or move. I was frozen. "Mrs. Moretti?" He asked standing up frantically. The only thing I remembered after that is falling onto the hard floor.

I woke up in hospital bed. I couldn't move my whole body felt sore. A nurse came in. "Hello Mrs. Moretti." She said in a calm and nice voice. "What happened?" I asked starting to freak out. "You need to calm down, okay?" She said coming closer to me. I calmed down and started lifting up. "We took your blood and gave you something that would calm you down." She said. "Your bloodwork came back and we saw something that we think you need to know." 

I looked confused about what she was saying. My ex husband is dead and she has something to tell me? "Have you been feeling nauseous or lightheaded?" She asked. "Now that you mention it yes." I said confused. "When was your last period?" She asked. Then it hit me. "I'm not pregnant." I said in disbelief. "Audrey, we checked your bloodwork and you are pregnant." She said looking at me. I couldn't believe this how could I be pregnant?