Chapter Five

It has been a month and Jasper is going to be seven. Time passes by so fast. I couldn't believe I was going to have a first grader. I am so proud of Jasper. He is such good big brother. He is extremely smart. He looks just like his dad. I smiled looking at him play with Elian.

I rub my belly and took a deep breath in. Maggie and her husband will be over in a little while. I hope they will get here before it starts to rain. I am proud of myself. Luca has been dead for almost a month. I still think about him but not all the time now. I am focusing more on my children and myself. My unborn baby is really healthy.

It is getting bigger and bigger by the minute. I can't wait to meet you little one. I rub my belly over and over again. Everything happens for a reason. I smiled from ear to ear. "Mama." Elian walked in smiling. I looked his beautiful face. "What baby?" I said running my hand through his hair. "I love you." He said. I picked him up and hugged him.

"I love you too, Eli." I said hugging him tightly. I put him down and started cooking dinner. Maggie and Travis finally arrived. "Hey babies!" Screamed Maggie excitedly. I rolled my eyes laughing. Jasper and Elian ran towards her and hugged her. She is so good with kids she should have some. "When are you going to have a baby?" I said smiling looking at Travis's reaction. Maggie smiled hugely.

"Soon. I hope." She said lightly punching Travis in the arm. He grabbed her arms playfully and kissed her lips. I looked down and started chopping the bell pepper again. I wasn't jealous but it made me feel sad. Maggie has a good man. Travis is really sweet. Maggie came in closer to me and started rubbing my belly. "How is my unborn baby?" She asked smiling. "Well it's doing fine." I said laughing a little.

"You still haven't found out the gender?" She asked rolling her eye. "I want to be surprised." I said smiling. "Ugh. Come on Audrey. I want to know!" She said excitedly. I laughed. Of course she does. Travis started playing with the boys. I changed the subject and started talking about Maggie and how she should start a family. "Stop changing the subject." She said smiling.

We sat down and started to eat. Travis and Maggie stayed for a long time but had to go since they had work tomorrow. I put the boys to bed and finally went to bed myself. Being a single mother is a little he tough but I know I can do it. I smiled looking at a picture of Jasper and Elian. I can do this. I said repeating it to myself.