Chapter 18

KARKAT POV

I could hear Nepeta yelling from my open window, I pull back the curtain to see Nepeta holding out a hand to Terezi, ushering Terezi to give her the cane I've never seen it before, must be new. Kankri looks in horror as Terezi slowly gives it to Nepeta, knowing full well that even though she was short, she could screw Kankri up even worse without the help of a cane that took up both of her hands. I personally wanted Kankri to get a beating, but not from her, not from Nepeta. She was to inoccent to beat somebody up. I run down the stairs and fly out the door, grabbing the cane in the air before Nepeta could bring it down upon Kankri.

"NEPETA, DON'T BE A FUCKING SHIT HEAD." I say. She lets go of the cane. 

"Thank y9u Karkat. N9w Ms. Leij9n, that was extremely triggering, I can n9t 6elieve that my dancest9r w9uld 6ec9me flushed f9r such a vi9-"

"KANKRI, JUST BECAUSE I STOPPED NEPETA, DOES NOT MEAN I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOUR FUCKING BLOOD ON THE GOD DAMN GROUND." Kankri stares in horror at me again, basically shutting up.

"K4RK4T, N3P3T4 W4S 4BOUT TO G3T SOM3 JUST1C3! H3 W4S GO1NG TO 1NSULT3 H3R 4 GR34T D34L MOR3 TH3N WH4T H3 H4D S41D!" Terezi looked very unhappy at the fact I stopped it. 

"Justice? Justice f9r the fact that I was speaking the truth and Nepeta was t9 selfcentered t9 take it? H9w dare y9u Terezi, I expected much m9re fr9m the dancest9r 9f Latula." 

Nepeta had lowered her hands, clenching them into fists at her sides. She was shaking in anger. I could tell that this troll was about to explode with rage, Kankri has insulted her before, telling her that she wasn't ladylike like her dancestor and blah blah blah, I thought she was tuning it out.

"WHAT THE FUCKING DID YOU SAY TO HER?"

"Hardly anything! Thu9gh I was a69ut t9 lecture her 9n h9w a matesprite sh9uld treat her partners dancest9r and h9w Meulin w9uld never even dream 9f treating any9ne like this!"

"MAYBE NEPETA'S NOT LIKE GOD DAMN MEULIN BECAUSE THEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT FUCKING PEOPLE? HAS THAT FACT EVEN FUCKING CROSSED YOUR RETARDED THINK PAN?"

"Well, n9, n9t really 6ut-"

"BUT NOTHING, YOU CLEARLY DON'T GIVE ENOUGH SHITS ABOUT FUCKING ANYONE THAT YOU THINK ITS COMPLETELY OK TO FUCKING COMPARE TWO SEPRATE PEOPLE TO ONE ANOTHER BECAUSE THEY ARE DANCESTORS, YOU FUCKING UNCARING ASSHAT."

"Well excuse me!" He looked horrorfied at my statement. "I had n9 idea that Nepeta did n9t l99k up t9 Meulin as a r9le m9dle and did n9t strive t9 6e like her. I th9ught that is what dancest9rs tend t9 d9, like y9u l99k up t9 me."

"I DON'T GIVE A HOT FUCK ABOUT YOU! DO YOU NOT HEAR WHAT I SAY? I. FUCKING. HATE. YOU. NOOK. SNIFFER."

"OK N3RDL1NGS, TH4TS 3NOUGH. L3TS GO 1NS1DE 4ND H4V3 SOM3 COOK13S W1TH M&M'S 1N TH3M W1TH SOM3 HUM4N M1LK."

"IT'S JUST MILK, TEREZI. NOTHING HUMAN ABOUT IT."

"WH4T3V3R 1T'S B3TT3R TH3N TH3 SH1T 3QU1US DR1NKS! MY H1GHLY D3V3LOP3D T4ST3 BUDS C4N'T H4NDLY TH4T N4STY 4SS L1CK1NG FROTHY HOOFB34ST SH1T!" 

"No one can Terezi, no one can." Nepeta has finally calmed the fuck down.

NEPETA POV

I will not hesitate to poison anything that fucking blabber mouth puts near is face. I think as Karkat puts his arm around me and leads me inside. He's still holding Terezi's cane, so nither of us get any funky ideas. Kankri starts to try to walk infront of me, so I trip him. He falls on his face, when he looks up at me I smile like sober Gamzee. He gives me a look of horror and waits on the ground for me and Karkat to walk inside.

"OK G4MZ33 WH4T WH3R3 YOU S4Y1NG 4BOUT THOS3 M&M COOK13S?"

"Oh YeAh SiS. ThErE iN tHe MoThErFuCkInG cOoKiE jAr ShApEd LiKe A cRaB tHaT kArBrO bOuGhT. ThE mOtHeRfUcKiNg GoOd MiLk Is BeHiNd ThE fAyGo SiS." 

[Author: You have no idea how hard it was to write like Gamzee]

"YUCK! K4RKL3Z YOU G3T TH3 M1LK, 1 DON'T W4NT TO TOUCH TH4T F4YGO. 3V3R."

"FINE." 

"Is there any healthy ch9ices?"

"ExCuSe Me SeCoNd KaRbRo? I dOnT kNoW wHaT a MoThErFuCkInG hEaLtHy ChOiCe Is. We GoT fAyGo CoOkIeS aNd CoLd MoThErFuCkInG pIzZa."

"4ND M1LK."

"4nd 4 sh1t ton of 1c3 cr34mz, l1k3, for r34lz!!!!!!"

"AND POPCORN! OH I JUST THINK POPCORN IS PURRFECT WITH ICE CREAM!"

"1 l1k3 th3 w4y you th1nk M3ul1nz!" 

I can hear those two in the kitchen opening up freezers and punching numbers into microwaves. Terezi runs in to help get cookies and pizza. I then hear a few bowls and spoons and plates crash onto a table. Then I hear Latula start riding around on her skateboard. 

"HOW THE FUCK DO YOU PEOPLE MAKE SO MUCH FUCKING NOISE." 

"M4G1C! K4RK4T BR1NG M3 MY C4N3! 1 DON'T W4NT TO SM4SH 1NTO L4TUL4 R1D1NG 4ROUND ON H3R BO4RD!"

"FINE. COME ON NEPETA, I DON'T WANT YOU GETTING ANY SMART IDEAS." He starts to pull me into a hallway not leading to the kitchen. We enter the bathroom,  he lets go of me and sits on the side of the bath tube, his face in his hands. I crouch down and look at him.

"Karkitty, are mew ok?" 

"I'M FUCKING GREAT."

"Karkat, I'm your matesprite, you can talk to me." He lets out a small laugh.

"YOUR NOT USING YOUR CAN'T PUNS."

"Yes I'm not, that means I'm being serious. Tell me whats up."

"NEPETA I'M SCARED."

'What do ya mean?" 

KARKAT POV

"I'M SCARED OF GETTING TO ATTACHED TO YOU, THEN DYSTROYING IT BY DOING SOEMTHING STUPID LIKE I DID WITH TEREZI. I FUCKED UP WITH HER, AND NOW I'M WITH YOU AND I DON'T WANT TO FUCK UP AGAIN. BUT CLEARLY THATS GOING TO HAPPEN. AND YOU ARE GONNA FUCKING LEAVE AND I'LL NEVER BE FUCKING HAPPY AGAIN."

Nepeta stares at me. She then hugs me. She's on her knees now, hugging my tightly. I'm looking at the wall. I hug her back. Then the door opens and Terezi smiles. 

"WH4T TH3 FUCK 1S H4PP3N1NG H3R3?"

"SHIT TEREZI HERE'S YOU'RE GOD DAMN CANE." I hand her the cane, slightly hitting her with it. 

"OW K4RKL3S TH4T HURT MY S1D3, BUT 1T HURT MY H34RT 3V3N MOR3." She made a sad face and with her pinkie made a line down her face like it was a tear. Nepeta's laughing into my shoulder. Terezi smiles at her. 

"YOU FUCK1NG HURT H3R 4ND 1 W1LL K1LL YOU." She mouths it so Nepeta wouldn't hear. I shoo her off, she closes the door and leaves.

She then shouts down the hall. "GUYS N3P3T4 4ND K4RKL3Z 4R3 H4V1NG 4 MOM3NT 4ND 1 INT3RUPT3D!!!" I hear Sollux burst into laughter. 

"TeLl KaRbRo NiCe OnE!"

"K4RK4T, G4MZ33'S S4YS N1C3 ON3." 

"Jegus." I hear Nepeta say into my shoulder, then letting out a laugh.

"I KNOW." I laugh too. This has been so crazy, nothing seems too insane anymore.