~ Prologue ~

The sound of reverberated chains and silent pleads echoed in the dark, empty rooms. The doors were secure, jammed tight. There were a pair of female Silhouettes confined in a room. One standing firmly still and facing the wall with her arms intertwined behind her back.

The distinct prisoner's expression was steady, despite her existing situation. Locked down to the floor, scarcely dangling onto her body. Realistically, a soul would call for a fatal need of aid to break free.

The room was virtually as silent as a breeze until the standing silhouette broke the alluring silence...

"...Do you realise what you've done...?" she asked, just in a whisper.

The prisoner impelled on the chains to glance up at the silhouette standing before her. Did she respond...or did she say something? The only sentence that came out of her foreign tongue was inscrutable...

Whatever the prisoner meant; it simply sent a lustful of hostility through the cranium of the Silhouette. She bangs a singular high-heel boot onto the metal floor, vacating an echoing bang inside the room.

"DO NOT LIE!! You did something... something foolish!" She screeched aggressively.

Sighing, she shook her head, breaking the control from her locked arms. She inhaled... and exhaled. "Have you heard of the Butterfly effect?" the Silhouette asked. "...The sensitive dependence on which a minor change in one state can result in significant differences in a later state?"

She rested her eyes to the twitching of her hands, clicking her tongue in exasperation. "...I sense an ugly form inside your heart... just hunger... it's all you know and yearn. Your strength comes through dominance. It is not the true power of the sort, but the pure bliss of abusing energy..."

The Silhouette paced around the room, arms crossed to her chest. The pitch of her vivid-sounding boots made singular crochet beats whilst walking back and forth in restless loops, pondering her intentions as she uttered her words. "...You hunger for power and lack to see the truth in this world, as well as the reflected world ...."

She resisted to strolling around the room to fix her eyes on the prisoner. She crushed her hands into fists. "...I trusted you to do the right thing, and this is how you repay me...?"

The shackled prisoner averted her gaze as she held onto the chains, causing her to kneel. She spoke again...

The Silhouette felt anger boiling up inside her. She strived to remain rational by clutching onto her arms, but she was not certain if committing to curtailing her blood flow from her arms will prevent her from ripping her head. Whatever the prisoner was rehearsing to herself, it has something the Silhouette was not delighted or even impressed to give attention to from her repulsive mouth.

Unexpectedly, she spoke natural, raw words.

"... I do not care what happens to this world... I'll let such creatures as myself have fun..."

The silhouette could not confess if she were disgruntled... or growing malicious. A fading glimmer behind the bars flashed near her, uncovering a vague smirk on her face.

She let out an eerie laugh. "...I knew I couldn't trust you... Kiyomi. We have given you a second chance to thrive after death at such a young age and this is how you repay your gift...?"

She stopped for a moment before continuing. "...I didn't bring you here just so you can chat and explain yourself... no... I came here to finish the job I was tasked to do..."

She walked towards the corner of the room. In the corner was an item. When the silhouette jerked it up, it moulded the shape of an axe. She traced the tip of the sharp blade with a sense of satisfaction and turned next to the chained prisoner. She strode towards the prisoner... gradually.

She traced the blade on her arm.

Each scrap...

Each cut...

Each test to recall her of the forthcoming preparation when the deed has been completed. "You have broken the laws of our survival, my friend. Your broken shards cannot heal the wounds of regret you have created. You can no longer survive in our world, and therefore...

Before she resumed, she stopped mid-sentence...

She hoisted the axe high above her head, the sound of the forceful lift as smooth and as ear-piercing as chalk. The faded glimmer revisits the chamber once more, gleaming through the bars to see the woman's wistful green eyes.

"...You must be executed..." she ended. She clicked her fingers with one singular hand, glaring down at the prisoner with a toxic stare, recollecting her of the soon to be departure to hell!

The prisoner just merely hunched her head in favour, long wringing hair coating her face.

The silhouette swung her axe and directed it to her neck. Before she could touch the crook of the bony neck, the prisoner lurched back within a limited time and she yanked the hefty chains towards the soon to be grounded axe.

The chains split into two and leave behind an indelible clash in the room. It was as basic as cutting a restricted ribbon. The prisoner jumped back like a crouched monkey and her spine curved like an arch. She kept her whole body up with just the tip of her fingers and feet.

The woman whirled her neck around, the sound of an inaudible 'CRACK' from the side of her neck. She scowled at the prisoner's deposition, only answering back with a hissing sound.

She urged herself back up on her feet, irrationally clenching onto the axe as she tempted to swing the axe again. She grunted along with an angry growl.

Once again...

The prisoner sprang back and shoved herself to the side of the smooth, cold walls. She lifted herself up, elevating her way up the ceiling like the arachnid she was. With every hand, she gripped on and swerved her head upside down, swinging her body.

Back...

and

forth...

The prisoner continued to taunt her. If she were to chance another petulant swing, she will go blind before the light re-enters.

The prisoner laughed maniacally. "You really are as absurd as I predicted. You're as stubborn as a goat, as prickly as a hedgehog, as annoying as a fly..."

"SHUT UP, you Swine! I WILL cut you down, I WILL execute you! I WILL do my order and do it flawlessly; regardless of the mess! I will pour your guts out, rip out your organs. I will tear off your gritted head and place it on a stick! I...I...!"

"Wow..." The prisoner inaccurately acts. "You seemed so composed back before you held that bloody axe. Now your details are spilling out like tea. Your once sewn potty mouth has unravelled itself. But... Your activities sound entertaining."

There was a moment of silence between the two beings. A juncture of staring into one another's eyes, trying to graze their mind. The prisoner's lips curved her wide torn lips into a sicken smile. "Do you ever enjoy it?" she asked. "Because I know I will!"

Without warning, the prisoner fell from the ceiling and pounced at the silhouette. Causing her body to tremble, she impulsively lifted the heavy weapon in front of her to deflect the rotten sharp teeth struggling to tear at her crown. She used her strength to hurl the threat away from her and stepped backwards, step by step becoming more apprehensive. She never expected this to have vast friction. This prisoner is nothing like the other outlaws lurking about.

The prisoner crept up closer...

...and closer to her, her head tilting laterally and twitching as if she has reached her limit. "If you want to harm me so badly... then fine." She fell backwards; for once standing up. She clapped her hands. Once...

"But I won't go down that easily..."

And twice...

"So, come on! Give me your finest attempt... Rochelle..."