Chapter 1

Hello! My name is CJ! I love Keeper of the Lost Cities! Constructive criticism is welcome! Thanks for reading! This is my first fanfiction. Be sure to comment!!! Luv you all!

Sophie POV

       "Sophie Elizabeth Foster, get your butt out of bed this instant! Fitz will be over in twenty minutes." Grady yelled.

       "Why is Fitz coming over?" I asked.

       "To help you get that Elvin History grade up! Sophie, if you aren't out of bed you have to clean Verdi for the next week!"

       I get out of bed and try to find something to wear. I finally settle on some jean shorts  and a nice shirt. Now the fun part, the hair and makeup. With Vertina's help, I finally settle on a curled ponytail and makeup that looks halfway decent.

       "He's here!" Mom yells

       I walk down the stairs slowly. When he sees me he doesn't say anything, but to my surprise, just stares.

"What?" I say.

       "Sophie, you look amazing!" He says, then hands me a little gift box.

       Inside are the most delicious looking custard bursts ever. " Aww, thanks Fitz! Let's go to my room. "

       Once inside my room we share the custard bursts and I got them on my face. Fitz reached up and wiped it off of my mouth. My eyes go big. I

       "Hey, let's go to my house. I wanna show you something. " He says.

       I tell my parents and reassure them I won't do something stupid.

Fitz POV

       I wanna take Sophie to the room where I'm supposed to be having my gala. This is the most scary thing ever. I don't know what her reaction will be when I tell her something that will either help or hurt our friendship. When we get to the room she starts looking around and asking a million questions. Then I decide I just can't take it anymore. I'm going to kiss her. I lean in and then her phone rings.