07. Decision | فیصلہ

He was ruthless

He was ruthless.

The last thing he could do after this alliance was console me in the warmth of few words but what can I expect from someone who cared about nothing but his family, his responsibilities and his commitments.

Soreness of the last night's sleep still ached my head. The words, our talk, the serene of the wind destroyed by our useless conversation before two days. I sipped the coffee latté, the only thing I preferred over people. The hot liquid soothed my inner throat, calming my mind a little.

A book in my hand inside the warmth of my room. Zohaib Bhai's and Minal's Valima was just the next day. Minal was there in her home. A lots of our guests had left as the wedding was over, but Malik family hasn't and that scared the living hell of me.

Today, I had to make a decision.

A decision which will harm me afterwards. A decision that would tear me apart. A decision which would harm me, mercilessly. Cage me in the control of someone I barely knew.

The conversation with my parents last night was still fresh in front of my eyes. My mother's words were soft but the meaning it contained were very harmful for my life. His words were harsh, he was rude and our bond was too twisted to be knotted.

My gaze travelled towards the door when I saw my mother and father enter inside after the fresh sounds of the knock. I knew they were going to ask for my answer which I wasn't aware of but deep down I knew I didn't wanted it. The side of the bed dumped beside me, a pause of silence that haunted me, terrified me.

"It's hard." I stared at my father. "We know but..." He stopped whatever he was saying and continued, "You can decide whatever you want, beta. You are no where near to be pressurized to say yes."

"What have you decided?" Zahiraah inherited my mother's quick and hasty trait whereas I was my Dad's replica. Calm, placid and chilled but now I was barely calm.

I was frustrated, scared and nervous.

It was a no. I didn't wanted to live in a loveless arrangement like Ahad said. I did not deserved this. My eyes were darted towards the cover of the book, mind was captured with various thoughts but I stood at the same place even after thinking for so much.

I was about to voice out my opinion, my decision, my wish when the door burst open making me snap towards it. There my twin stood, flaring with anger that pressed us into anticipation of the reason behind.

"What are you doing, Dad?"

"Hiraah, stay out of this. Let Zairaah decide," Mom went towards her. "No ways I am gonna push her to a marriage that would contain nothing but hatred."

"Who told you?" Dad asked. "Ahad is a well educated and a mannered man. He will keep her happy. I am sure of it. If he would have wanted to tie her in something that would hurt her, he would never."