Prologue

Ashanti was... Odd
As a baby when she was hungry or hurt her first reaction was not to cry and scream like most children. No when she wanted her mother glasses would break and Mrs. Ketchum's clothes would tug until she came and breast-fed her. The rare toddler tantrums were a storm of psychic energy and floating objects.
As a child she quickly grew bored of school her education was too easy for her and she easily gained the attention of Professor Samuel Oak when his grandson came home singing the praises of a girl who put on puppet shows without strings in the playground and helped him with math.
The professor got in contact with Delila Ketchum, and arranged to meet with Ashanti realizing that she was probably a psychic... of course he wasn't expecting her to expertly manipulate him into becoming her teacher and letting her study the Pokémon at his Lab/Ranch instead of going to school!
Now at age 13, the legal age to become a Pokémon Trainer, she was expertly using her large dark drown eyes to convince him to let her have an eevee as her starter, having mastered the art of making him do what she wants in the 8 years he'd known her...
Ashanti is Odd.
A Psychic.
A Genius.
(And a bit... err... well crazy to be frank).
Her goal is simply to see as many Pokémon as she can and travel the world... maybe win a league or two on the side
Ashanti Ketchum is Odd
But at least she's not a serial killer...
It can't hurt to give her an eevee right?