chapter fifty-seven

Dear Teacher,
You like when I get mouthy. And, in the slightest chance you don't, trust me when I say you will.

Ashton folded up his response the next day and slid it right into Luke's fingers upon his arrival. A ballsy move.

For the most part, the teacher simply ignored it.

That is, until the minute-hand of the clock fell a few degrees. Mr. Hemmings was in the middle of reviewing the more complex forms of figurative language when he fished the letter from his back pocket.

Oh my god my letter was millimeters away from that ass. Ashton thought childishly, but it made him smile nonetheless.

"Class, please take out a piece of paper and a pencil. Pop quiz." said Luke, unfolding the thin paper.

Groaning.

Then finally, the teacher read the letter, skimming over the familiar salutation.

This was Michael's cue, as he quietly snuck his hand into his bag and pulled out a pastry, cracked it in half, and gave some to Ashton. All within seconds. A true gift.

But Ashton was busy watching Luke's cheeks turn bright red.

The boy was starting to notice the balance in their relationship. From attending sermons to dirty talk, they managed to do it all.

And yet, remarkably. Ashton spent the rest of AP English watching Luke bite his lip and practice godlike restraint.