Prologue

Love.
It's a weird thing.
It makes you do things. Things you thought you never had in you.
Like what happened to me... what happened to Lucas.
He risked everything for love. For me...

My life was finally back to normal.
I hung out with my school friends. They asked me where I was for the couple months. I told them my dad was going out of town again and I went with him.
They believed it.

Sometimes I had the feeling that I didn't belong in the "normal" lifestyle anymore. That I needed to go back to the "dangerous" and trilling life that I had a few weeks ago.
I think it was crazy that my friends didn't notice that I changed. I was a completely different person.. I became rebellious and quiet. I kinda missed the running around and the pleasure of excitement.

But I knew that wasn't right. Me and my dad became closer than we were. I was happy with it. He means everything to me. He is the only family I need.

When I came home from school. My dad wasn't home, he had business to do and I couldn't come with him this time.

So I made food for myself and made some homework. It was hard to catch up all the things that I missed. I mean it were some pretty important stuff... like math and biology were the hardest.

I was listening to some music in my room, I was home alone. I wouldn't say I was happy with that thought. I hated being alone since what happened a few months ago.
My heart started to fasten even if I thought about it.

I was abruptly shaken out of my thoughts by the doorbell. It was a long ring.
Could it be my dad? No, he had "business" to do and had a key from the house. Besides, it wasn't his car that was parked on my driveway.
Then another long ring. Longer than before. It sounded nervous, like the person needed to get inside NOW.
I looked closer at the familiar car parked outside my house.
As the third long ring came inside my ears I knew who was standing outside my door.
I ran downstairs to open the door as soon as I knew who was ringing that stupid bell.

I came closer and closer to the front door as a fourth long ring rang thought the house.
I rushed to the locks on the door and opened them with shaking hands. Then opened the door and looked with widened eyes at the person who was standing before me.
Huang Xuxi.. Lucas.

He looked at me. With frightened eyes. What was he doing here? He shouldn't be here.
'Lucas?' I said in disbelieve.
In a split-second he had his arms around me. We stood there for a few minutes I think, before he let go of me.
'We have to go' he said in a rush.
'Why? My dad will be home soon, if he sees you! Lucas he will kill you.' I said back in a rush.
'Y/n... your dad isn't coming home.' He said with sad eyes.
I didn't understand. What did he mean?
'Go grab your bag, we're leaving, they will be here soon.' He said looking outside the window.

As a brick everything fell in place, I understood.
My dad was gone.