Chapter 2

My name is [Y/N] [L/N]. When I was six years old, my mother died of heart complications, my father died in a car accident, and I met my best friend, Eli Shane. Now, I'm fifteen, and I live with my aunt, Remi, and everything seems fine and dandy. However, my best friend is missing. And I have made it my mission to find him.

Days turned into weeks which turned into months, and my life did not get any easier. I emersed myself into my schoolwork and my extra-curricular activities. All to distract me from it all. I missed Eli Shane. Yet, I hated him. Hated how he left me alone without saying goodbye. Hated how he abandoned me. Left me with just Sophie as my only friend.

Now, don't get me wrong, Sophie is a wonderful person and true to the bone best friend, but there was one thing about her that made me dislike my predicament. She was no Eli Shane. Eli disappearing off the face of the Earth and Sophie becoming my only form of human interaction was not the only changes in my life. Jet and Hit now preoccupied my life similar to how ant man can watch over Stark's Daughter Readers in every single Stark Daughter's fanfiction.

They were there. For both my benefit and theirs. They needed someone to love them. Someone who understood them. I needed someone to cheer me up. And as crazy as it sounds, these two could cheer me up as often as Elu could. Which is what I needed right now.

"So, last day of school. Are you excited?" Sophie beamed at me, her dark hair bouncing off her shoulders.

"Yep. I sure am." I slammed my locker for the last time that year.

"Next year, we'll be juniors. Going to ring dance, getting class rings. Maybe even getting laid." she wiggled her eyebrows at me.

I sighed. "I'm not looking forward to that stuff."

"What? Why not? So, you want to be a virgin forever? Are you going to become a nun?!" she asked, incredulously.

I let out a hmph. "It's all cliché, and I'm not becoming a nun. That's too cliché too."

Sophie rolled her eyes at me. "You're going to have to live sooner or later. Why not start sooner? You weren't like this when-."

I opened my locker before slamming it again to cut her off. "Don't say his name. He didn't tell me he was going to boarding school and he dropped off the face of the earth."

"It's not that bad-."

"He unfollowed me from Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram and defriended me on Facebook and Snapchat. That's his version of soul crushing bad." I said, cuttibg her off.

She rolled her eyes at me before changing the topic. "So, what exams do you have today?"

"None. I only came here to clean out my locker. I'm leaving as soon as the bell to signal lunch rings." And I'm going to Eli's house.

🐌🔫

Eli Shane sat in his rolling chair looking at the picture his aunt had taken. It was him and a girl with [H/C] hair on his back, both with giant smiles on their faces. And in the background, the Autumn Carnival (called the Fall Festival) was taking place. Oh how he missed her. Six months ago, he could have told her the truth. Not the "truth" his aunt wanted to tell her, but the full truth. That he was leaving for a magical place beneath their feet.

But no. He was a coward. He didn't tell her where he was going. And he didn't tell her his feelings for her. If he told her of Slugterra, she would jump at the chance to come with him. She was just like that. She wouldn't let him deal with this burden on his own. The protector of the Caverns of Slugterra.

"Hey, Eli, why you so upset?" asked Kord sitting on the floor trying to help Trixie fix her computer (that Pronto broke).

"Yeah, it's very... anti-Eli." Trixie commented.

"It's nothing." He told them stuffing the photo into his pocket.

"Are you missing home, dude?" asked Kord. "Home sick?"

"Nah. It's... it's something stupid." Eli told them.

Burpee slipped into his pocket snd grabbed the photo of him. And Eli, he tried. Oh he tried to stop his slug best friend from giving them the photo. But he failed. Trixie took the photo and looked at it. Too happy souls staring at the camera.

"Who's that?" asked Kord, looking over Trixie's shoulder.

"No one." Eli told them.

Trixie gave him a look. "Really? Because she seems like a someone? Was she your girlfriend or something?"

"No. She was my best friend.  Although, we joked back in the first grade that we would get married ehen we were older. I left her behind on the surface. My aunt wanted me to tell her I was going to boarding school while I wanted to tell her the truth. That I was coming here. But I couldn't and I ... well, I may have left without telling her goodbye (*gasp). It's no big deal." explained Eli.

"Eli, it's a very big deal." Trixie told him.

"Yeah, dude, that was very unEli of you. Totally out of character for you. I think. I'm not quite sure actually." Kord said giving him a look.

Eli rolled his eyes. "Can we not talk about this please? I already feel bad enough that I left her behind."