04︱the estate party

MONDAY, AUGUST 12
(VIDA's point of view)

6:11pm

"ARE you guys ready?" Eddie asked for the umpteenth time.

I adjusted my dress one last time before stepping out of my room. We were all getting ready to attend a party held in one of the estate parks, with the theme "Childhood." Eddie had already chosen Ashley as his date, Shawn had picked Brianna, Clyde was accompanying Phoebe, and Andrew had asked me to be his partner for the evening.

When I joined the others outside, it was evident that everyone had made an effort to incorporate the pink and black dress code into their outfits. They looked stunning, each with their own unique touch of the designated colors.

Ashley donned pink shorts, a white cold-shoulder top, and black sandals. Brianna paired a pink sweater with light blue ripped jeans and silver Adidas superstars. Phoebe wore a pink off-shoulder long-sleeve top, white jeans, and pink Adidas sneakers. As for me, I chose a light pink dress that complemented my black sandals.

The guys opted for black t-shirts and jeans, adding their flair with flannels in different colors. Cute.

"We aren't taking the car?" I asked Eddie.

"Nope. The park isn't far, and since none of you are wearing heels, we can easily walk."

"What if I go back inside and change into heels? Would you consider taking the-" I teased, hoping to avoid a potentially uncomfortable walk.

"No."

• • •

6:43pm

"Finally, we're here," Brianna announced as we arrived at the park.

"And forty-three minutes late," I quipped, checking the time on my phone.

The park was transformed into a picturesque scene, with pink and black balloons adorning every corner, even adorning the basketball net. A long table filled with an array of delicious food beckoned to us. Bouncing castles, trampolines, cotton candy stands, popcorn stands, and even Shawarma stands were scattered throughout the area. Music filled the air, and an open space had been set up for dancing and games.

Teenagers and children wandered about, creating a lively and nostalgic atmosphere. The setting triggered fond memories of my own childhood, reminding me of the carefree joy that came with such gatherings.

Observing my friends, I noticed they had already gone their separate ways with their respective dates, diving into the excitement and festivities.

"So, where shall we venture, my lovely date?" Andrew asked, a mischievous grin lighting up his face.

"Food!" I exclaimed, tugging him towards the long table.

"I want that, and that, and that, and that," I pointed enthusiastically at various indulgent treats.

Andrew chuckled, amusement dancing in his eyes. "Alright, then. Get it yourself. You don't expect me to be a gentleman, do you?"

"I hate you!" I playfully retorted, feigning hurt as he walked away.

• • •

8:32pm

I had partaken in all the activities the party had to offer and found myself sitting alone on a bench, the energy of the event fading away. Andrew had been absent for over fifteen minutes, having left earlier to make new acquaintances. I had declined his invitation to join, feeling somewhat exhausted. Instead, I had promised to join him later, though the thought of doing so now seemed less appealing.