5 - The Restroom

Yoongi was at the same register from the night before. The night he first laid eyes on Hoseok.

Also the same register from his dream.

Am I still dreaming? Yoongi asked himself.

He waited for Hoseok to walk through the door, only to confirm the fact that he was indeed still in a dream.

But that didn't happen. No one of Yoongi's interest walked through the door. It was just a regular day of work at a fast food restaurant.

Real life.

Amidst his thoughts, another customer walked up to Yoongi's register.

"Seokjin?"

The handsome face immediately dropped its attention from the menu to the cashier. "You know me?" he questioned defensively.

"Well, no. Not really," Yoongi nervously started. "I just remember my boss spilling barbecue sauce on your shoes and then you storming outta here with..." He was careful to not mention Hoseok's name, avoiding being called a stalker. "...someone."

Seokjin scoffed, both out of amusement and surprise. "You sure remember a lot about one customer for seeing so many a day."

Yoongi gulped. Seokjin and Hoseok were basically strangers, yet he couldn't get them both of them out of his mind.

Especially Hoseok. Yoongi was whipped.

But Seokjin continued. "Was it my handsome face?" he asked rhetorically while gesturing to his top tier features.

"No, actually-"

"Oh no need to compliment me," the celebrity-like man interrupted. "I'll take two BigMac combos to-go."

Yoongi couldn't help but laugh while typing in Seokjin's order. Though the man's humor seemed egocentric, it was all lighthearted.

"Two orders?" Yoongi questioned innocently.

But Seokjin was suddenly defensive again. "Are you judging me? It's for me and a friend!" He raised his voice slightly. "Even if I ate 2 orders all to myself-"

"What's taking so long?" a man asked, walking through the door.

Yoongi froze.

"Ah, my favorite Hobi!" Seokjin said, his attitude returning to its happy-go-lucky state. "Was just getting attacked by-"

"Attacked?" Yoongi interrupted. This time he was the defensive one.

"Seokjin, leave burger boy alone. He's fragile," Hoseok said.

Yoongi became more flustered than ever. It felt like his emotions were being toyed with left, right, and center.

His cheeks became hot, shades of anger filling every muscle capable of holding his aggravated expression.  "I am not-"

Seokjin broke in with alarm. "Wait, you two know each other?"

"Oh, uh" Yoongi stuttered. "No."

"Yes," Hoseok said with confidence. "Known him for a while."

Seokjin looked back and forth between the too, obviously startled. "You know what, burger boy," he managed to start. "I think we're gonna have those BigMacs here."

"Order up," Yoongi nervously spoke, sitting next to Seokjin in the booth and across from Hoseok. He placed the order tray on the table.

"If you're so buddy-buddy with Hobi, why don't you sit next to him?" Seokjin sneered, grabbing his burger.

"Hobi?" Yoongi questioned innocently.