Pages of Malice

Warning: Gore

Narrator P.O.V.

For years, (Y/n) has been feeling this urge to go into the woods and follow the voice that has been haunting him for 10 years now, always calling him to "come play" or "read us a story". He has always been hesitant as his mother had warned him of certain people who went into the woods, mysteriously disappearing without a trace and never coming back.

"What is in those woods...?" He whispered to nobody as he began to daydream of the voice, always wondering why he was the only one to hear it and communicate with it in certain occasions. Wearing a facade of tranquility, but actually on the verge of insanity as that voice kept haunting him.

"Hey!" (Y/n) jumped as his boyfriend had suddenly scared the life out of him, earning a small yelp as he frowned at him. Souichi, an exchange student from Japan, had come to this small town due to his father. He wanted to help rebuild the town after the earthquake, repair the damage of the houses of families, the medical clinics, playgrounds and schools.

"Geez, don't do that Souichi.... You scared the hell out of me." He playfully hit his boyfriend on the shoulder as he looked out the window of one of the surviving schools, hearing whispers coming from the woods and frowning as his urge to go into the woods became stronger.

"I'm sorry, i didn't think you would jump like that. I'll take you out on a date to make up for it. How about that ice cream stand you liked so much?" He asked, hoping that it would please his boyfriend to hear such an offer.

"Alright, you win." He obliged, kissing his boyfriend on the cheek as one of his friends came rushing, almost tripping on her own foot.

"(Y/n), i have really bad news!"

"What is it?" This perked his ears, he stood up from his seat and walked over to Ella. His mind running wild as his thoughts would come up with the worst of outcomes.

"I'm sorry, your mother... was run over." It echoed within his ears, his whole face went pale as his eyes widened at the news. He ran out of the classroom, Souichi and Ella following closely as they chased their friend, Ella telling him which hospital she was taken into.

------

It has been hours since (Y/n) had made it to the hospital and hasn't been able to see his mother, he had been waiting since forever as they only told him that she was in a "critical" state.

"If you want her to live, come to the woods~."

"Wh-what...?"

"(Y/n), what's wrong?" Souchi asked as Ella got a concerned look on her face, completely confused as to why he was reacting this way.

"If you want her to live... COME TO THE WOODS!"

"Wh-why do you keep calling me!?"

"(Y/n).... what are you talking about...?"

"That voice! That voice that always tells me to go into the woods, it's driving me insane!" He ran off, his objective now being the woods as Souichi and Ella had a bit of a late reaction and tried to follow him, only ending in the result of losing his tracks.

(Y/n) was currently running in the woods, following that haunting and mysterious voice that always called for him. He saw various statues that looked like monstrosities, each one getting more horrifying and sinister, except one.

One statue stood out as just having a normal and human female figure, slowly shifting into (Y/n)'s exact figure and curves.

"Wh-what!?"

He slowly walked away from it until he stumbled onto a large tree, tripping on one of the roots and feeling something made out of leather underneath one of his hands. He slowly turned to find a book, one that looked new and recently made. He slowly grabbed the book and picked it up, hearing whispers saying:

"Open it"

"Come on, you know you want to~"

"It's calling for you!"

"Open it! Open it! OPEN IT!"

He flipped it over and read the cover saying:

"Pages of Malice"

"Odd name for a book..." He stated to no-one, reluctantly opening the book as he read a huge list of instructions on the first page. He read every instruction slowly and carefully, each one filling his mind with the images of all the creatures inside the book.

"(Y/N)!" Souichi and Ella were walking and shouting for (Y/n) in the woods, making sure to bring him back home and make sure he isn't hurt. They were worried after what he said, the voices and how it was driving him insane... maybe they needed to take him somewhere so he could relax.

"I accept"

"(Y/N)! There you are... we were worried about you" They both ran up to him, he turned around and smiled at them. A branch wrapped around his waist and lifted him into the air, both stood there shocked and wide eyed at the scene as they couldn't believe what was happening.

"Blood for undying beauty..." A whisper echoed throughout the woods as more trees wrapped around his limbs and his neck, a large and sharp branch piercing his stomach as he let out a scream of agony and fear.

Another branch pierced his heart, sticking it out of his body as Souichi watched in horror on how this tree was brutally murdering his boyfriend. But, something wasn't right... something felt off as (Y/n) looked at Souichi. He noticed that his eyes went completely white, he had an evil grin plastered on his face and looked like he was enjoying it.

"Something wrong, Souichi?" He let out a maniacal laughter as the branches ripped off his arms, his legs, spread his entrails onto the floor and, finally, ripped off his head. His head kept laughing in such an evil, wicked and insane way that it made Souichi and Ella still feel like they were having a nightmare. Both of them having tears spilling from their eyes, panic and dread slowly seeping into their minds as their sanity was being toyed with like a kitten with a ball of yarn.

The laughing had died out as both stood up and notice the head being pulled into the tree, they both ran and ran until they made it back into the town. Completely going insane and pinching themselves to see if they would wake up, unfortunately realizing that this was real.

"Did that...? Did he...? I-is he act...ually...?"

"I'm... not sure." They were both shocked at the fact of what just happened, immediately going to the police and showing them where the body was.

They found the entrails, the limbs, but the head was nowhere to be seen and no trace of it anywhere. (Y/n)'s mother had gone into a depressive state as she had lost one of her children, holding a frame pictured of them at a beach that her husband brought as a memento. The funeral was made and they had managed to incinerate the ashes, placing the urn on top of the chimney and keeping the photo of them at the beach beside it.
----------
"I know, this isn't easy to take in. But it has been almost a month since we lost a fellow classmate.... a moment of silence for him."
----------
Footsteps echoed throughout the hallways as many people's faces grew shocked, completely mesmerized by such impossible fact that this person was walking down the hallways.
----------
"If anyone has any last words, please say them now" the teacher sat down at his desk, allowing everyone a turn to say something about (Y/n). Always remembering the good, the bad and the ugly moments, a gift and a curse as they always knew how kind he tried to be to others.

"Sorry i'm late..." The door was opened by none other than (Y/n), standing there like he wasn't ripped into pieces and brutally murdered. Everyone else was shocked, to say the least.
How is it that he was still alive?

"(Y/-... (Y/n)..." Souichi and Ella both were shocked at the fact that he was standing there and was acting like nothing happened yesterday. He walked into the classroom and was confused by everyone's looks of shock and terror.

"What? Did something happen?"

"B-but... how?"

"How... what?"

To be continued...