299 BCE: chapter 2

that day:

evening:

ruhaan's room:

ruhaan looked at himself in the mirror as his most loyal servant adjusted his turban. as they did, he was deep in his thoughts: how long do I have to wait? I really want to see my goddess saraswati. remember ruhaan, keep your ears open for her voice and then that voice will let me see her.

servant: yuvraj, your turban is done.

ruhaan smiled as he saw the finished image of himself:

(his outift)

ruhaan: thank you. 

servant: by the way yuvraj, are you okay?

ruhaan: haan I am fine. why? what happened?

servant: your cheeks are a little bit flushed.

ruhaan: really?

servant: who is the girl?

ruhaan: how did you...

servant interrupting: I have known you since childhood, you used to play with me whilst my pitaji worked. I know everything about you. 

ruhaan: haan ek ladki hai. I haven't seen her face but tonight at the gathering I will.

servant: how will you see her if you haven't seen her?

ruhaan: I know her voice. what happened was that we spoke but she wouldn't show me her face, all I could see was her back and her beautiful plait decorated with small lilies and rosebuds. her talking and singing voice was as sweet as some immeasurable rose, expanding leaf on leaf.

servant: just curious, is she from the servant side or court dancer side?

ruhaan: court dancer. dhanu (servant), whatever I just said about this girl, can it just stay between us please?

dhanu: of course yuvraj.

ruhaan: and dhanu, only call me yuvraj when we are with my parents. you know you can call me ruhaan.

dhanu: fine ruhaan, this girl will be our secret. I promise.

ruhaan: thank you dost.

they hug and then go downstairs into the grand courtroom where it was beautifully decorated by the servants. the hall was full of royals from other friendly kingdoms.  ruhaan goes to the thrones where his family was...just like the room, they were also decorated with jewels and gold. he sits on his throne which was next to his father and on his left, sat his brother ashok.

ashok: after a long time, the yuvraj finally comes.

ruhaan: ashok, sometimes show a smile on your face. 

ashok: I am feeling tired and ruhaan, if you didn't take as long as the spear of Aaron, the court dancers would already be dancing.

ruhaan: now I am here, let's watch the dancers (in mind) and find my goddess saraswati.