Day 6 (Aug. 20) | Monteverde, Sámara - Traveling to Sámara

10:36 am (van heading to Sámara)

¡Buenos dias!

Today we are heading out of Monteverde. 😔 We'll miss it! After eating breakfast and packing up, we caught the van that would take us to Sámara. Sámara is a small beach town on the Pacific Ocean. It's supposed to be somewhat touristy, but not fancy.

On the way there, we changed vans at the same rest area we went to on the way to Monteverde. I got a semi-good picture of the parrots that live in the trees there. The lighting was bad since it came from behind the birds. Plus it was blurry. 😁

The car ride is supposed to be about 3 hours

The car ride is supposed to be about 3 hours. Not much interesting going on yet, so I'll check in later!

7:34 pm (Casa la Chora)

We have arrived! We are staying at an apartment complex called Casa la Chora. Ours has two bedrooms (I have my own bedroom! 😁) and a kitchen/ living room. We arrived around 1:30 pm actually. The maids weren't done cleaning the rooms after the previous guests left, so we left our luggage there and walked down to the beach. We got a late lunch at La Dolce Vita, which is a bed and breakfast/restaurant. We were not very hungry so we got two dishes (a spaghetti with shrimp and a tuna salad) which satisfied us nicely. The restaurant was right on the beach and they had big trees that wove together and provided shade. I'll have to get a picture tomorrow!

The beach itself looked really nice. We walked up it a little ways before coming back to the room.

We didn't do anything especially exciting for the rest of the evening

We didn't do anything especially exciting for the rest of the evening. We jumped in the pool at the apartment to cool off, then walked back to the beach to check out the tourist information center, which was closed. We stopped by the store and got some groceries for dinner and breakfasts so we wouldn't have to go out in the mornings.

Now we are back home relaxing in the bedrooms, which are the only rooms with air conditioning. We will probably actually hang out at the beach tomorrow, and check out what is around.

¡Buenas noches!