Meeting the Boys

Hey so some of you might have seen this story before, if so thank you for giving it a second chance. I have written this story before but I made it when I was much younger and I finally think its time to go back and really make it good. I have a good plot in mind and now that I know what I want to do I can make it much better for everyone. I will be trying to heavily edit this story unlike the last one which I just posted without even looking at it. I would really appreciate any like and comments are always welcomed, please do try to keep them kind but feel free to give criticism. Have a wonderful day and enjoy this chapter!

Pain. That'a all feel. As my bones crack and reform. Fur sprouts from my body. Finally it's all over. I get a second to catch my breath, then it happens all over again. This time feathers come out of my back to form wings. Each feather is like a needle of pain going down my spine. I know what is happening, I just didn't think it would be this bad.

To think a week ago I was just a normal college student, that went to parties with my boyfriend, and ran track for fun. I always thought track practice would be the worst pain my body would go through but this is a thousand times worse. To think a week ago I was so normal, and now I was going through something that would change my life forever. Let me take you back to a few days, back to my normal life before everything happened.

"Summer get out of bed we need to get to class!" I hear my roommate Caroline yell. I let out a groan of displeasure and drag myself out of bed. I go into my bathroom and as I pass by my mirror I notice my straight brown hair to look less like a birds nest and more like hair. I let out another groan and decide to ignore it for now.

"Hurry up Summer or we are going to be late!'' Caroline yells.

"I'm getting dressed give me a second!'' I yell back walking into my closet I grab the first thing I see which happens to be a cute blue and white top and a pair of bluejeans. Once I'm dressed I go into the kitchen of the apartment I share my best friend Caroline. I've known her since middle school, we both were the only girls in our grade who were more obsessed with sports than boys. So since then we've been besties. I sit down and Caroline sets a piece of jelly toast in front of me. "Your the best I don't know what I would do without you," I say biting into the food.

"I know,'' she says sitting down next to me and starting to eat her cereal. "So how are you and Jake?'' She asks.

"We're great!I still can't believe it's been over a year since he asked me out," I say thinking back to Friday when Jake and I had our one year anniversary date. It was amazing he took me out to a nice restaurant, then we went to the movies.

"Well that's good I'm happy for you," she says finishing her food. I stand up and throw my plate away going back to my bathroom. I quickly throw my hair into a ponytail considering the fact that I don't have the time or the energy to deal with it. I brush my teeth and put some mascara and highlighter on. I usually don't put makeup on but I have classes with Jake today and I want to look at least decent.

I leave my bathroom and run into my room and grabbing my backpack. I run down the hallway and into the parking garage attached to our building. Caroline pulls up and I jump in the passenger seat. Caroline takes off speeding down the road. I look out the window and watch the beautiful fall mountains pass by. It's only a five minute drive to UCCS which is the college Caroline and I go to. We are juniors and studying to become vets.

We both love animals and can't wait to graduate and open our own clinic. "So Summer are you excited for tomorrow?" Caroline asks as she pulls into the parking lot.

"What's tomorrow?" I asked confused. Did we make plans and I already forgot. That sounds like something I would do. I open my door and step out of the car trying to think of what Caroline could be talking about.

Caroline laughs "For your birthday stupid," she says as we walk towards our first class. I shrug, I've never been crazy about my birthday. It's cool and all but it's just getting older.

"I guess so. I'm only turning twenty, nothing special," I say. We turn and head into our class. I sit down near the middle of one of the rows of seats and Caroline takes a seat next to me. There is an open seat next to me, hopefully Jake will here soon and he can sit there.

"What do you mean? Of course turning twenty is a big deal!" Caroline says looking at me in shock. I just shrug my shoulders. Caroline eyes suddenly get really large as she looks over my shoulder . I turn around and look at the entrance to the classroom.

Two new guys just walked in and all I can say is wow. One of them is a blonde with blue eyes, while the other has black hair and green eyes. They both are super well built, I quickly notice. "Who are they?" Caroline asks. I tear my eyes away from them trying not to stare. You have a boyfriend I remind myself.

"I don't know but I know they are definitely new," I say looking down at my books. I have a boyfriend I repeat to myself. Caroline lets out a little shriek. I look up and give her a confused look.

"They are walking over here," she quickly whispers. I quickly look up to see the one with darker hair take the empty seat next to me, and his friend sits on the other side of him. I quickly look back down at my book hoping they won't be able to tell I was staring.

"Hey, I'm Drake this is Mason. We're new, what's your name?" The one with the darker hair or Drake says, as he sits down.

"Um, hi i'm Summer and this is my best friend Caroline," I say motioning to Caroline. They both nod and turn to their books. I look to the door to see Jake walk in. He looks around the room and sees me. I smile and wave at him, and he smiles back. Then he sees the guys sitting next to me and his smile drops.

He walks over and takes a seat behind me. "Hey babe. How was your weekend?" he asks staring at the guys next to me.

"It was good, I didn't do much after our date. How was yours?" I ask trying to get him to look at me. I've been with Jake long enough to know he's more of the jealous type. The guys just ignore Jake's death stare and continue to talk to each other.

"It was fine, I was thinking about you most of it," he answers. I laugh but before I can respond the teacher walks in and starts class. I try to pay attention to what's going on but I feel like Drake keeps looking over at me throughout class and it's really distracting.

I feel a tap on my arm and I look over to Drake. He slides a piece of paper to me. I slowly un-crumble it, and read the note it says meet me in the garden after class. I need to talk to you. I look over at Drake in shock. I just met him what does he need.

No matter I wasn't going to be mean to a new kid. I nod my head and quickly zone out wondering what he could possibly need. I barley hear the bell ring I'm so lost in thought. But I'm able to snap out of it thanks to the light tap Caroline gives me. I shake my head to clear my thoughts before getting up and leaving the classroom.

"I'll meet up with you at lunch, I've got a free," I tell Caroline as we start to part ways. She nods and heads to her next class. Before I get the chance to leave Jake grabs me around the waist.

"Trying to leave without saying goodbye to me?'' he asks. I laugh and push him away. I notice him looking over my head and I turn around to see Drake and Mason waiting by the door, staring at us. "Who are those dorks anyway?'' Jake asks.

"Hey don't be mean they are new," I tell him. He just continues to glare at them.

"What do you like them now?" he says turning his glare to me. I scoff, God he's being so dramatic. I hate it when he gets like this.

"Stop, of course I don't like them, like I said they are new and sat next to me I wasn't going to tell them to move. I've got to go I'll see you later." I say brushing past him and walking down the hallway.

I make my way towards the gardens wondering what these new boys could possibly have in store.

I hope everyone liked the first chapter! If you did please,

Like 

Comment

And subscribe