Chapter 63 - Moment Of Truth

As Jack falls to the floor Negan hurries over to her, but she had already hit her head and he hopes that she didn't hit it hard. He cradles her as she is knocked unconcious. "Jack, i got you baby, come on wake up for me" he tries desperately to wake her up, but she is out cold. He lifts her small frame off the floor and walks out, he stays as calm as he can, trying hard not to work himself up.

Now that this has happened he has to get her back home to the doctor. The saviors continue to bomb the place up, as Negan makes it to his truck, and he places Jack down on the seat. He has noticed that everyone including the kid has left Alexandria, so he orders the men to retreat and head back to sanctuary. "Let's pack this shit up and head home Jack passed out hit her head i'm rushing her back to Carson, so clean this shit up and get the fuck back"

After the men clear things out, it is still dark and the fires continue to burn, Negan gets in his truck and drives like a crazed lunatic back to the sanctuary. He has no idea why Jack passed out, she has been sick and he thinks it could be from something she ate, but the doc will know for sure and he needs to know to put his mind at ease.

On the long drive back Negan gets a call from Simon stating that he got the widow and fellow hilltop people to turn around and go back, and that he had to shoot someone. He had sent Gavin to Kingdom, and he has not heard back from them yet, and Rick well they all got away and he vows to get them eventually. Right now his top priority is Jack, there is something wrong with her, and he has to do everything he can the help her.

"Good deal, Simon shame someone had to die but hopefully the widow is on her way back, they need to keep producing for us and for Alexandria well they be lucky i left a few houses standing" he chuckles.

"Sure thing boss, it's done we're on our way back to base, keeping an ear out for Gavin let you know if i hear from him" Simon snaps back through the static.

"Good, on my way back Jack had an accident you beat me back make sure Harlan is ready and out of fucking bed for that matter, if he has to clear out that creepy ass priest from the infirmary then make sure he fuckin' complys" Negan says in a sense of rage.

"You got it, almost there now" Negan is relieved when he finally makes it to the sanctuary, and Simon and the others also pull in, behind him. Negan wastes no time lifting Jack off the seat and Simon walks in before him, opening the door. "Get Carson now" he demands and Simon runs ahead to get Harlan, who is most likely sleeping.

When he makes it to his room he pounds on the door and the sleepy doctor opens the door. "Yes, can i help you?"

"Negan needs you pronto, Jack passed out and hit her head now this is top priority get your ass moving now or Negan will flip his shit" Harlan follows Simon down to the infirmary it's the middle of the night, he is in his sleeping pants yet, but this is important so he has to follow orders.

Negan gets in and lays Jack down removing her Jacket because he feels how warm she is, and he grabs a wet cloth to put on her head to cool her off at least till Harlan gets here. "It's gonna be okay baby" he gently caresses her face, and her breathing seems to be steady but she did hit her head when she fell and that scares the shit out of Negan. He hopes that she doesn't have brain damage of anything else to that matter, he hopes that she has some kind of cold and nothing more serious.

After a few long, crucial minutes the door swings open and in walks Harlan and Simon. The man checks Jack right away, noticing the fever and cold sweats she has. Simon leaves them be, as he is trying to get a hold of the others who have yet to return. "Has she been feeling sick, all day or did she just pass out like this?"

Harlan asks Negan. "She has been sick all day, but she passed out on me over an hour ago, she hit her head slightly" the doctor checks over to make sure she has no gashes on her head, and she doesn't which is good.