Chapter 14

It was 3:00 am at this point. Mayra and just layed on the couch waiting for my dad to get home. Just two hours ago my stalker broke into my house, broke everything and left, well not really left more like got knocked out and dragged out by his friend. We should have called the police in all honesty, but there was no point now. The house was still a mess and everything was thrown about. We cleaned a little bit of it, so my dad wouldn't freak out when he got home. How were we going to explain this to him? Mayra is probably going to ask for a ride home, my dad is going to be pissed, and I'm going to be alone. I have no idea if he's watching us right now.

Mayra yeeted- I mean jumped off the couched and ran into my room, probably to get her stuff (bro it's literally 4:00 in the morning and I have to be at a wedding today) I just sat there in an unthinking prison just staring at the television as I watched Brooklynne nine-nine. I hated this feeling. The feeling of being trapped and not being able to do anything about it, like you had no options left. My eyes hurt from being dry. I tried going to sleep but I found out awhile ago that that was impossible. Everything was a blurry mess to me as my eyes started to water and overflow with fat tears. I couldn't take it anymore. All of this has been happening in such a short amount of time. This one day felt like a big book a random author made, just to be seen by nobody, but the author themself.

Shifting around on the leathery couch I hear a pounding on the window. I look where it had come from and cower under the hot blankets. No one was there. The only clue that told me I wasn't going insane was a white piece of paper taped to the outside of the window. I didn't dare go near it seeing as whoever put it there could still be close by. I waited for Mayra to come out of my room with her bag hanging off her shoulder. I was so busy being paranoid that I hadn't even noticed the state she was in. Her black curly hair was a mess and her eyes were red, probably from the tears. She looked absolutely traumatized. Turning my head towards the door I look at the note and gestured her to look at it as well. I could tell by the look on her face that she wanted nothing to do with this anymore.

I knew I shouldn't have brought her I just though- you know- better in numbers, but clearly she couldn't take anymore of this living horror show. She just walked around the couch and sat down next to me.

"What are we wa-watching?" She asked her voice cracking some.

"Brooklyn," I gulped trying to get the words out, "nine-nine"

"I don't think this was a good sleep over-"

"You are absolute- absolutely right. Today sucked" I replied almost cutting her off. She looked at me and bursted out laughing. I thought it was odd at first, until I started to laugh along with her, quietly at first but then going off in to full on cackling.

"I can't believe someone... BROKE into your house" her laughter cut into her sentence, but I could tell what she was saying.

"It was a whole man too!" All the tension started to rub away as we laughed until we were on the floor coughing. "He was pretty thicc too" Actually I don't know about you, but he was pretty cute, if only he hadn't broke into my house and sexually assault me. Why do the hot ones always have to be crazy?

      "You're fucked in the head (y/n)"

      Finally the laughing died down and we both sat in silence watching another episode of Brooklynn nine-nine. We ignored the note for awhile after the episode was over, going to the next one and sitting back. Occasionally we would make sly comments, but other than that it was quiet. Until Mayra came to her senses and got out of the comforting daze we've been in.

    "Fuck it. I wanna see the note." There went the daze. I'm not gonna lie though. I wanna see what was on that yellow page too.

What could be so important that the hooded figure or even the feminine masked guy, because I have no idea if that mother fucker was up yet from his "slumber", that they had ran all the way back here to write a note and slam it on the window. Actually better question why isn't my dad home yet.

   "Why not" I make my way towards the mud room door, crouch down in some weird position, and look towards Mayra. "Thy shall get the death trap." Opening the door I motion for her to come over.

Her feet scamper across the wooden floor, as she made her way to the glass door. Yanking it open, I also scamper inside alongside Mayra. You can tell we were sleep deprived just by looking at us. Looking around I noticed how dark it was, I also noticed how the paper was on the outside. So again in all my sleep deprived glory I ran outside yanked the note off the window and you should have seen how fast I yeeted myself inside.

Mayra snatched it from me and walked back into the living room. The Tv was now just background noise to what was going on. Clearing her voice Mayra began to read the note out loud.

"Sorry about my friend- wow thanks buddy" She commented.

"Ssssssh keep reading" she rolled her eyes and continued.

"I didn't mean for things to get this out of hand— oh my god this guys a fucking character-"

"Mayra I swear to gog!"

"Ok ok calm your tits" she coughed and continued the note, "I've heard so much about you from masky. I was on a patrol of the forest when I saw that he had broken into your home. I don't really care, but he needs to learn to control himself. I want you to know that you can't tell anyone about this..." she pauses and gets more serious and in depth in the note, "we will kill you if you call the police. Masky may like you, but he can't stop us from getting rid of you if you become a problem." She gulps.

From hoodie.

What did he mean by us?