60.

Kyle looks around, he saw Kristina's uncles still seated on her right some of them are pretty drunk already, her brothers seated across him is nursing some of his cousins and her father on his left is still as sober as ever. Well, atleast he knew where Lucas got his out of this world alcohol tolerance. When he marched into this bunch and sat with them earlier, he feels like a meat hanging on a rope waiting for the crocodiles to jump and eat him but at this point he's no longer that meat, he's one of the crocodiles. He doesn't feel intimated anymore with all the stories, laughter and alcohol they've shared together he can say that he belongs. They even calls him Iron Man because of the fact that his name is Anthony which is the first name of Kristina's favorite Avenger who happened to be the person his father got his name from since he's a big fan of marvel comics and it's Anthony Edward Stark aka Iron Man. They even said that it's a major plus point aside from Kristina going gaga once she learned that he is really named after him but also, because now they're sure that her love for Marvel will never be an issue because Kyle loves it just the same.

"Iron Man!" one of her cousins called. "Inom pa tayooooo! Lika ritooooo!"

"Gago. Lika na. Tama na." Mathew sushed and let him sit down.

"Iron maaaaaaaan! Taraaaaaaa!"

"Hoy tangina mas clingy ka pa kay shobe ah!" Lucas retorted that earned a laugh from everyone.

Iron Man is now an inside joke of the family and it feels good, so good.

"Kyle"

He wandered his eyes, it seems like no one else heard it, he smiled. "Yes po tito?"

"May isang request lang ako sayo. Sasabihin ko na habang may kanya-knya pa silang mundo. Okay lang ba?" he was taken aback by the question because this is the first time her father is going to asked him for something eversince they've talked.

"Syempre naman po, tito."

He smiled and handed him another bottle of beer. He accepted it politely and followed the old man's track. They stop at veranda, he stood 2 ft. away from the man.

"I'm not going to ask you to not hurt my daughter. Sa tanda kong 'tong alam kong impossible yun. Masasaktan at masasaktan niyo ang isa't isa, ginusto niyo man o hindi kasi hindi naman sa lahat ng oras parehas kayo ng desisyon, hindi lahat ng oras magkakasundo kayo. Mag-aaway at magkakasakitan talaga kayo. It's inevitable."

Kyle is looking intently waiting for his next words.

"But what you do after makes a difference. I know that, kasi dun kami nagkulang ni tita My mo, ng mama ni Tin. Our marriage failed because we weren't able to deal with it properly. Alam na naming nasasaktan na namin ang isa't isa pero wala kaming ginawa para maayos yun. Pag nag-aaway kami lagi na lang namin hinahayaang lumipas imbes ayusin at pag-usapan. We didn't notice that our actions is slowly killing our love for each other at ayaw kong ganoon ang mangyari sa inyo. I want you to understand your differences, face your problems head on and always, always talk whether it's about your day or your dreams. Lagi kayong mag-uusap kasi importante yun in keeping your love for each other grow. Ano ba naman yung simpleng kamusta, yung konting lambing, yung paghingi ng sorry. Hindi naman yun makakabawas sa pagkalalaki natin. I learned those things late that's why I'm telling it to you this early so you'll know how."

Her old man put his hand on his shoulder, "I know you love my princess and she loves you too that's why I want you to promise me that your love will always going to be bigger than anything else. Can you promise me that, Kyle?"

Kyle heaved out a deep sigh and smiled, "pangako po hindi namin sasayangin ni Tin kung anong meron kami. Ilalaban ko po 'to. I will always meet her halfway and if there's a time that she can't, I'm more than willing to go end to end just to meet her because I know she'll do the same for me. Makakaasa po kayo sa akin, tito Gerry. Aalagaan ko po yung prinsesa niyo."

He gave him a soft squeeze on the shoulder before removing his hand. He turned to kid with smirk and offered a toast, "sana ikaw na."

Kyle didn't really understands his last statement but he toasted his beer with his tito Gerry and thank God for giving him this chance.

***

Sibling Serye by ceeayech
05 November 2016 | 16 June 2019 (revamp)

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED